Cash Friday

-
Cash is all I use in person. Ever ! I use PayPal for online orders.

I used nothing but my credit union credit card for 100% of 2020 and so far about 90% of 2021.

All last year I carried a balance of between $1000 and $2500 but at one point was $5000 (highly unusual for me as I usually have zero).

...and I have yet to be charged any interest on that account!

Last edited:
Years ago, when the bank offered us debit cards with our checking account I said no thanks. I have wrote a lot of personal checks and used a lot of stamps to pay bills over the years. Today I use "check by phone" to pay most of them. Once per month I write a check for cash withdrawal and get 1200 or 1400 at the drive thru teller so we can use cash for gas, groceries, everything.

It's also a way to get cash out of circulation.... JMHO....

Hard to trust anyone at this point and time when it comes to money....

JW

I have debit/ATM card but basically only use it to withdraw cash.

When they combined the ATM and the debit, I declined as long as I could but they finally forced me.

I can't remember the last time I used debit.

I've never understood writing a check for cash, though.

I just use a withdrawal slip.

I tend not to keep very much in my checking accounts. Only what I know needs to come out for the current month.

I use credit cards for just about everything, 2% or better back for all purchases adds up quickly. I never, repeat never, carry a balance as I pay it off every month. Haven't paid interest in decades. I carry cash for small purchases. Got in trouble in the 80's with credit card interest, swore NEVER again.

I use credit cards for just about everything, 2% or better back for all purchases adds up quickly. I never, repeat never, carry a balance as I pay it off every month. Haven't paid interest in decades.
Same for me. I earn 5% on certain purchases with my credit card on various things every three months. Last quarter it was for groceries and this quarter it's for Walmart. I earn 1% on every other purchase. Let credit cards work for you by earning money.

Same for me. I earn 5% on certain purchases with my credit card on various things every three months. Last quarter it was for groceries and this quarter it's for Walmart. I earn 1% on every other purchase. Let credit cards work for you by earning money.

same here

everything that is a common expense goes on the card, gas, groceries
i'd say 75% of my bills go on there too

a couple of time we've gone on vacation with friends, i put all the tickets and the rentals on it...that was nice

-
Back