Cast Iron A833OD

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also consider an aluminum one that has had the counter-shaft bushing repair done.

My brother has one from truck,would be after holidays before I could find out anything agout it.Like price,shipping,cast or aluminum.

I don't think one from a truck will work in an A body but I could be wrong

I have one in my 68 Barracuda. Need to fabricate a mounting plate that attaches to the rear mount and positions the shifter forward to the A-body position and you will need to shorten the driveshaft about 3 1/2". The input bearing retainer on all of the ODs are larger than the non ODs so a bell housing sized to match, machine down the one you have or swap (or purchase) the retainer off the non OD is required.

If you are considering using the long tail shaft tranny in your A-body bigblockdart.com has a good article and a measured drawing of the mounting plate you will need to fabricate.

I plan on having both an A833OD and a regular A833 so I can switch between them. It would be best if it was an A body OD unit so swapping between the two would be straight forward.

You can swap the mainshaft and extension housing to convert to A-body. I did that with a heavy duty 308 bearing B-body trans to use it in a '70 Dart.

I have a A-Body OD 4 speed from a /6 Dart Sport. $50 plus shipping. I need to move some parts I know I'm not going to use. I prefer to let them go instead of scrapping. I have not used this trans. Spins freely though.

I have a A-Body OD 4 speed from a /6 Dart Sport. $50 plus shipping. I need to move some parts I know I'm not going to use. I prefer to let them go instead of scrapping. I have not used this trans. Spins freely though.

Is this a cast iron unit?

I'm hoping to find one that's closer to San diego so shipping doesn't cost too much. Any idea what it would cost to ship to 92111?

That's what I figured. Jacks the price up way too much. Guess I'll have to limit my search to the Southwest

Would Greyhound be cheaper? Not sure how things work with them.

A few years back I bought a Jeep transfer case on eBay & was having trouble finding reasonable shipping. I talked to my local UPS delivery man & he checked the rates & said that if it would fit in a certain size crate (don't remember the particulars now) then it could ship anywhere in the US for about $90. I ended up having it shipped that way. I'm sure price is a bit higher now. As far as weight, I know UPS delivered a huge floor jack to me that weighed so much that I had to unpack & assemble it where they left it because I couldn't move it. Way over 100 pounds. Worth looking into.

the cast iron OD 4spd weighs 150 lbs crated, thats with nothing bolted to it and drained of the gear oil. Greyhound has a 100 lb max. for shipments.
I shipped a cast iron OD 4spd FedEx a couple months ago but it was the buyers account so I dont know the cost. Should be able to crate it up 12"x12"x36".

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back