Cast iron bell #'s??

-

ValiantOne

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just bought a cast iron sb 833 bell from "65 Dartman" (thanks Don!!!) And I'm trying to figure out if a large clutch (10 in. Is the big one right?) Will work in it.

Cannot find a casting # on that puppy anywhere. Are there some that do not use them? Any ideas where to look?

Oh and the bearing retainer hole is the 4.3 in. one.

Thanks!

CE

look on the mounting surface to the trans. only two cast iron bellhousing that I am aware of are 68 10inch and 64-65 early A body nine inch flywheel

look on the mounting surface to the trans. only two cast iron bellhousing that I am aware of are 68 10inch and 64-65 early A body nine inch flywheel

Well I took a scotchbrite pad to the trans mate surface and no joy. Is there another way to tell between the 9 and 10 inchers? If I posted some pics could any of guys tell the difference?

Thanks

CE

So here are the pics. Again, I took some scotch brite to the trans/bell mounting surface and I'll be danged if I can find a casting #.

Thanks to anyone who can tell me if this thing is a small (9" clutch) or big (10" clutch) BH.

Best,

CE

Attachments

• bell1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 115
  • bell2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 115
  • bell3.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 98
  • bell4.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 110
They are normally on the rear. Keep cleaning, it would be unusual to not have one. I have a 65', so I'll see where my number is(9) Inch 273.

-
Back