cc heads and pistons

-

dantegray

Reaction score
Im having issues cc'ing Indy EZ-1 heads and ICON pistons. I "tried" to cc my heads using a ml baby syringe and my heads came to 65ml which = 65cc. Im suppose to have 74cc's. So I cc my 16.4 dish ICON IC839 mopar stroker pistons to double check and they come out about 10ml = 10cc. So I'm in a dilemma.

Im just double checking everything before assembly. My theory is Check 2wice build 1nce, check 1nce build 2wice...

Are the heads new? Could they have been milled previously?

You are using a plexiglass plate over the head correct?

The heads were used and suppose to be 75cc. I used hair grease to seal a cd to the top and dripped in transmission fluid with a syringe and counted the ml which are = to cc's. I just had the spring height set, valve job, and preping to install.

Yea I will have to take them to a machine shop to double check the cc, if the heads are 65cc's they will be for sale because it will raise my static to 11.4 and 9.0 dynamic compression. I think this will be too much for the crappy pump gas avalible.

We never used transmission fluid but it may be ok. Not sure.

Likely they were milled previously for more compression.

Other thought could be the spark plug. Does it protrude far into the cylinder area? That would certainly affect cc's & if so, could also impact piston top.

No I cut the electrode off the piston and its flush. I used transmission fluid cause it wont damage the valves ie rusting on the seats and liquid is liquid.

I use alcohol myself... If you have a farm supply store nearby you can get larger syringes there too...

Ok, I will go to the local Farm store this evening when I get off work cause this has me worried like hell. I have alot of money invested in parts and need to figure something out.

Here is my combo:

400 Block Bored .033 to 4.375, Forged ICon 16.4 dish pistons (milled step off), 3.915 Crank, 6.535 rod 468-470 cu. On paper pistions should sit .007 below deck height (need to double check this week)

Top end all Lunati Voodoo 60333 Solid roller (249-255@50 duration, ABDC 50.5, Lobe sep.110 center 106 4degrees adv. ) with 1.6 roller rockers.

4000 stahl, 950 Quick fuel, Indy single plane intake and heads.

Here is my combo:

400 Block Bored .033 to 4.375, Forged ICon 16.4 dish pistons (milled step off), 3.915 Crank, 6.535 rod 468-470 cu. On paper pistions should sit .007 below deck height (need to double check this week)

Top end all Lunati Voodoo 60333 Solid roller (249-255@50 duration, ABDC 50.5, Lobe sep.110 center 106 4degrees adv. ) with 1.6 roller rockers.

4000 stahl, 950 Quick fuel, Indy single plane intake and heads.

i didn`t know pistons had electrodes! learn something every day!

These EZ-1 MAX Wedge heads are going up for sale this weekend on ebay. I will be posting to the for sale section. $1500 starting bid and 1800 buy now. Heads are ready to bolt on just came back from the machine shop, the have been ported, polished, cleaned, multi angle valve job, open to Max Wedge, spring height set to 1.950 @210lbs. , and set up for 1.6 rockers. I'm taking a big lost on these heads Im only selling cause Im too far to change my engine build now.

I will have to find the porting sheets, they were purchased from a local machine shop in VA. I know the went 345/245ish @ 600 lift. I was also told the new multi-angle valve job would help the flow alittle more. I need to take some pics, of the porting work...

Correction* check my build notes and they flowed 340/235, with the xtra valve job they should be 345/245.

Pistons are correct and sit .007 below the deck. The pistons are step dish, which means top is deck height and the dish is stepped down (16.4cc ICON839). I talked to the Icon rep and they measured correct.

-
Back