ccing a head

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
What do you use to cc a chamber?

What do you use to measure the oil?I use a vetrinarians syringe..

How do you seal the chamber?I have a flat piece of plexiglass with a hole drilled in it.

Just curious to see how creative you are!

You can use your piece plexiglass, just smear a little grease on the face of the head all around the chamber you want to cc and press the plexi onto it until it seals all around, you can see through itand you can tell when it's sealed. Then get hold of a 100 cc burette from a medical / chemical wharehouse and get a plastic one, you can get glass but they only need a small knock to break them.
Then fill it with some sort of liquid, [ I use trans fluid ] and drain the trans fluid into the chamber, when it's full just read the burette and it will tell you exactly how big your chamber is. The burette has 1 cc graduations on it and these are graduated again into 1/10 of a cc. Good luck.

Might be easier to find a syringe that is graduated in cc's verse a burette. I picked up one at the local pharmacy that held 100 cc's.

The only bad thing about a syringe is grads are smaller and harder to read. Although most of us dont need anything too accurite .
Frank

I have a big glass burette and stand, and I use dry gas. It's much easier to clean up than any type of oil.

-
Back