CCW Holster Question...

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
I swear I've got at least 10 holsters hanging on a shoe rack on the back of my closet door, lol. I finally found a nice comfortable, concealable IWB one for my Sig Sauer P238, but I'm having difficulty finding a good one for my compact (3.5" barrel) 1911. The best one I've found so far is a Milt Sparks Summer Special, but it shows bad under untucked T-shirt.

I could just stick with the Sig, but it's a .380 and although accurate, I feel undergunned. The .380, in my opinion is just not much of man stopper when compared to the .45 ACP.

Anyways, I was looking at the Crossbreed holster line, particularly the "Supertuck" model. Anyone have any experience with this model or manufacturer?

Thanks in advance.

I swear I've got at least 10 holsters hanging on a shoe rack on the back of my closet door, lol. I finally found a nice comfortable, concealable IWB one for my Sig Sauer P238, but I'm having difficulty finding a good one for my compact (3.5" barrel) 1911. The best one I've found so far is a Milt Sparks Summer Special, but it shows bad under untucked T-shirt.

I could just stick with the Sig, but it's a .380 and although accurate, I feel undergunned. The .380, in my opinion is just not much of man stopper when compared to the .45 ACP.

Anyways, I was looking at the Crossbreed holster line, particularly the "Supertuck" model. Anyone have any experience with this model or manufacturer?

Thanks in advance.

I dunno if your partial to leather or polymer, or if it doesnt matter to you. I have a Galco triton kydex IWB left hand holster. I carry a glock model 23 .40 cal. This is not a small weapon its bulky to conceal.

This holster allows an easy pull and reholster. hides my weapon well. Im looking at a taurus 24/7. Will prob get a galco triton for it as well.

Hope this helps
Matt

Have you looked at the Fobus line of holsters. I have the paddle holster for my S&W M&P Shield and love it. It conceals very well and holds the weapon high and tight to your waist. The only down side is no extra mag carrier. Amazon or Ebay are 10 - 15% less than FOBUS direct. This is a high quality product not like a lot out there. Dan

Have you looked at the Fobus line of holsters. I have the paddle holster for my S&W M&P Shield and love it. It conceals very well and holds the weapon high and tight to your waist. The only down side is no extra mag carrier. Amazon or Ebay are 10 - 15% less than FOBUS direct. This is a high quality product not like a lot out there. Dan

Never tried a fobus holster, can i get one thats lefty?

Wish I could help, LOL. I no longer have anything larger than a Browning 9 and a compact 40. Most of the time I carry my little Ruger 5 shot KLCR 357 in my left pants, cross draw. Sometimes I forget it's there.

Wish I could help, LOL. I no longer have anything larger than a Browning 9 and a compact 40. Most of the time I carry my little Ruger 5 shot KLCR 357 in my left pants, cross draw. Sometimes I forget it's there.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but 67Dart273, how does the KCLR 357 shoot. Seems like a lot of punch in a pretty small package, does it punish you? Just curious.

Yeh. It hurts. I have arthritis. But this is not for fun and plinking. I doubt that I'll notice how much it hurts if the time comes. I usually parctice with 38s and 38+P, a few 357 to be sure I can hit. I shoot this thing minimally to stay proficient. I still have a Ruger 357 Security Six I've had since 74. Been over 4000 rounds and lost count through that.

I decided a 380 wasn't enough, and the rule is "if you don't carry it everywhere, you mights as well not anywhere."

Yeh. It hurts. I have arthritis. But this is not for fun and plinking. I doubt that I'll notice how much it hurts if the time comes. I usually parctice with 38s and 38+P, a few 357 to be sure I can hit. I shoot this thing minimally to stay proficient. I still have a Ruger 357 Security Six I've had since 74. Been over 4000 rounds and lost count through that.

I decided a 380 wasn't enough, and the rule is "if you don't carry it everywhere, you mights as well not anywhere."

Not an issue for me, not trying to be tough guy, I'm just not a flincher. I qauled a 210 with a snubbey Tarus in .357 mag, not even thinking I was going for a CCW.

Doug knows who I am, no BS. :violent1:

Galco kingtuk for the officers 1911 (3.5")... i fall asleep on the couch with mine on... only other holster i have is a blackhawk serpa Level II.

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB...Most comfortable holster I own and I can wear it all day. Has great retention and I recommend it. Lifetime warranty too.

Thank you sir, this is what I was looking for.

Cheapest On Amazon BTW. Also i adjusted mine to try and get that stupid *** front tilt out of it, totally ruins your first movment as you draw. But with the adjustment's you can make it perfect.

I carry on the hip, IWB, and its invisible with just a T on.

-
Back