Cecil County 10-28-23

-
According to Wallace, that 11.84 pass is about 99% perfect. ("Ideal for 11.84 e.t : 111.9 mph, and a 1.65 60 ft.)
Wallace: 11.80, at 112.25, 60 at 1.64 ideal.
I appreciate what you're saying.

But I think the numbers are a bit deceiving. The car seems to lay down a bit at the top end. If that's the case, the mph is not what it should be, skewing the numbers. It was worse. I had the wrong power valve in it. It was closing when it needed gas.

Now it feels over geared. It seems to give up about 6K. I jetted up 2 sizes before this cooler weather. The plugs look okay. I didn't build the engine, but I did take it apart to inspect it when I got it, and I put rings and bearings in it while it was apart. It's a 360 with ported iron heads, 2.02 intakes, .508 MP cam, 11.25:1, 770 Holley, Torker II, 1 3/4 headers. The converter stalls about 3200, which could hurt the 60' numbers, making the mph look better. Oh, 26" tires and 4.33 gears. I'm going to put 28" tires on it. 3000# w/ me in it.
I don't know what it should pull to, but the shift light is set at 5800, maybe it shifts by 6000, 6100? With my shifter and now, traction problems, the runs have been more consistent than my driving indicates. All ideas and opinions are welcome!

I won't go back (Spring) until I fix the shifter, and I have to let some dollars out of my wallet for tires. :eek:

EDIT: I plan on checking the valve springs, too. Probably the only thing I didn’t check when I had it apart.

Last edited:
-
Back