Celebrity Sighting

-
Yeah, Lee Majors was in a couple of times. Boy is he getting creaky... Gee, I'm not getting any older, but everyone else is. :snakeman:

Here are a few of my other well known customers: Tori Spelling, Susan Sarandon, Jaclyn Smith, Missy Elliott, Sela Ward, Kelly Rowland, Jane Seymour, Roy Jones Jr., Jody Foster, Annette Bening, Miley Cyrus, Gloria Estefan, Carmen Electra, Ron Wood, etc. I feel like such a name dropper...

My only brush with celebrity was when I was doing a job in Aspen, CO and had to stay overnight. It was off-season so I was able to find a hotel under a 100 bucks a night (plus I got a discount because I lived Glenwood Springs, long story).

I went to a resturant and sat down at the table. I looked at the menu prices and freaked, lol! The waitress said "Sit at the bar and eat, it's way cheaper" and she was right. As I'm munching down my 12 dollar burger 4 guys come in and sit down. They were all in their mid 40s to early fifties and it was obviuos they all had money. Big money. They sit down next to me and start talking amongst themselves and they noticed me listening. I said "Don't mind me, I'm just down valley trash." and they all started cracking up. I looked down and noticed a superbowl ring on one guys hand and looked back up at him. He said "If you don't ask me about this ring and just talk fishing with us, your drinks are on me."

So we all talked fishing, women etc. and when they left they paid my entire tab. Food and all. To this day I have no idea who they were. :)

I saw Bill Goldberg at a car show.Some 40 year old man was chasing him around like a litte kid.I also have met John Scnider and the guy who played Boss Hogg when I was 10 or so.

OK, I'll chime in with a couple more. I was working at the Marriott back in the late 80's when Old Bush was trying to get re-elected, and in walks Gabe Kaplan, who was lobbying for Bush. I bought him lunch, but it was all I could do to not let out an OOH OOH, Horseshack style!!! At the same time, I was attending culinary shcool nearby and we were told that we would be getting a visit from first lady Barbara Bush. She came in to our class and I actually got to do some cooking with her, Salmon en Croute. I often wondered if it ever made it on the table at the White House. I have a picture of me and her in my box of stuff, if I can figure out how to scan it, I'll post it here. Just don't laugh, I was a porker back then!!! Comes from eating whatever you want for free!!! Ahh, the good old days!! I'm currently paying full price and about 30#' lighter these days!!! Geof

-
Back