Cell Phones

-
:rolleyes:[QUOTE=""Lets see, dinner was $21.00, and we need to split it three ways, hmmm..."[/QUOTE]

Dinner for 3 for $21?? What planet do you live on? LOL :rolleyes:

Full disclosure, I have a flip phone.

l2xp9f402pd31.jpg

CsnpNGbWEAAMNV2.jpg

More people should try the "no phone challenge" when waiting, riding public transit or when eating out.
Look around... flex your thought and imagination some...maybe even talk to other people. Brush up on the people skills and appreciate what's out there..before you're too old to be able to see and experience it outside a tablet..
..watchin others live what you didnt.

I have a cell, - it sits in the drawer of my motorhome in case of emergency .
It used to be just that, an emergency , need to basis.
As soon as employers figured out they could contact employees 24-7.. poof...
Done. Company phones... interrupted dinner, lunch, sleep... nothing sacred anymore

It used to be just that, an emergency , need to basis.
As soon as employers figured out they could contact employees 24-7.. poof...
Done. Company phones... interrupted dinner, lunch, sleep... nothing sacred anymore
LOL When I was a teen in the 70's I worked for a lawncare company one summer.
The owner had CBs in all the trucks and for 8 eight hours a day the constant calls from the boss got annoying so we always turned the radio off.
I think that was his way of seeing if we were working or driving around in the truck. lol
We did spend most of our day driving around listening to music and chatting with friends in the area, mostly girls. :D Man, I miss those days.
You know, turning off the CB.

It's always fun to ruin a phone conversation while they're driving ...by brake checking them or changing lanes in front of them and almost ripping the front of their car off. Another one is if you come up along next to'em and actually film them on their phone while driving and then mouth that you're calling CHP and showing them the video, have their plate number.

I was the employer, lol, wasn't a problem !
I worked essential service jobs almost entirely my working career. My employer had my home number as well as other family, in case they had to get a hold of me for emergency work
Later on came a pager that I used for my second job and I provided that number to my boss
The last decade prior to 2014 it was a cell phone and it was a modern day blessing
I was called day or night seven days a week 365 days if they needed me and they needed me often
I made a good living from that cell phone.

For me shopping is like urban parkour. Climbing shelves, dodging asshole kids, and rolling past slow old people. I memorize my grocery list and go directly to the items and pick them and get out. I time how long it takes me to go in and get out of the parking lot. No phone, no stalling, and especially no talking. I pay attention so that I can be quick if someone is there who I know, I can use evasive maneuvers and avoid getting into a conversation that is going to waste a **** load of time. Some people make a store like walmart a social club and spend hours in there (my parents do that and it's extremely annoying)

For me shopping is like urban parkour. Climbing shelves, dodging asshole kids, and rolling past slow old people. I memorize my grocery list and go directly to the items and pick them and get out. I time how long it takes me to go in and get out of the parking lot. No phone, no stalling, and especially no talking. I pay attention so that I can be quick if someone is there who I know, I can use evasive maneuvers and avoid getting into a conversation that is going to waste a **** load of time. Some people make a store like walmart a social club and spend hours in there (my parents do that and it's extremely annoying)
Well aren't you just the social butterfly? lol

I'd be lost without my smartphone. Just a few things I can do with it.

Check the weather
Check my home and work emails
Monitor my home internet
Monitor and control my cameras surrounding my house
Monitor and set my home alarm
Pay my bills online
Vacuum my house with my Shark Robot
Take pictures/videos
Use navigation
Monitor engine parameters with a bluetooth device and an app

If you are "filming" someone driving and using their phone.....

YOU are also driving and using your phone- FAIL.

Live weather radar at your fingertips is a godsend for motorcyclists...especially in Florida.

They are a good tool to have but most people abuse them. I have a 19 year old apprentice at work. Collision industry.... he disappears to the bathroom 5 times a day for 30 minutes.... sits on a stool taking doors apart with a hand rachet watching movies on his phone....can't fire them because there is nobody else to do the work.

The people texting while walking amaze me. It's like they think they're in their indestructible cars which amazes me even more.

1664194909223.png

-
Back