Center bolts for leaf dorings

-

Duster2022!

Reaction score
I need new center bolts for leaf springs on 74 Duster.
Here are the measurements
Any idea who sells them?

IMG_9551.jpeg

IMG_9550.jpeg

IMG_9553.jpeg

IMG_9552.jpeg

IMG_9552.jpeg

IMG_9552.jpeg

IMG_9553.jpeg

IMG_9550.jpeg

IMG_9551.jpeg

Parts stores USED to carry them, typically Dorman. Any good spring shop, AKA in Spokane, Pohl Spring. They have been in business since before I was born.

If you cannot find them locally, like Del suggested, General Spring and Springs and Things sells them.

It's domed like that so the spring perches will slip on easier.

The only really important thing is bolt shank size and head diameter, and of course length which you can hacksaw shorter. you can grind them shorter if needed, and actually grind the heads smaller dia if needed. Just grind "lightly" as if you were sharpening a knife, so as not to draw the heat treatment, and keep them cooled with dipping in water, etc.

Any good spring outfit will also carry spring clips / clamps

socket cap head cap screw (hex drive) works fine
get high tensile blackend not the stainless ones

if the head is too big you can usually make it smaller with a hand drill and emery but it takes a long time

the dome is handy but not essential depends how you load your axle onto the springs

springs on car, and drop axle on jack works ok with cap head. thats how i do it but that not necessarily the right way... i just work alone and find it easier than trying to get the rear of the spring bolted up with an axle on it

Dave

-
Back