Center Caps on 17" Steelies

-

Cravin'sCuda

Reaction score
I'm putting these 17x7 steelies on and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a possible centercap setup. I'm looking at the spyder bullet caps,or just running the trim ring and a set of chrome acorn lugs. The front would be like the rear except for a chrome grease cap. The rims are definetly hub centric and nothing will fit between the rim and hub. I thought of trying to get a set of rallye caps and trying to get them to fit. Thanks for any ideas.

rearjb4.jpg

frontuz2.jpg

I vote for the rallye wheel centers. 70-71 style. Also one
question for you. What are those wheels from or are they
aftermarket? Kinda looks like rallyes.

They are from a 2006 Chrysler 300 or magnum-cheapo models with hubcaps, but they are a dime-a-dozen and cheap. I paid $80 bucks for all four. I have to wait to get the engine in and start checking how the fronts are going to work.

So Magnum wheels are the same bolt pattern as old mopar wheels? I was gonna use the spare from a magnum for my 64 dart, but didnt know if the bolt pattern was the same.

i wanted those for my ride as well, just to have something different..................but the pattern is different, 5 x 4.5 is 5 x 114.3mm (if memory serves me correct) , but the 300c and magnum are 5 x 115 mm........
you can physically put them on, but they are not correct.........i was told there are major risks of vibration and failure, I want to be wrong, cause i want them too :cry::cry::cry:

Yeah if the bolt pattern is a little bit wrong the acorn nut will strech one hole rather than all equally thus an out of round condition.
The rallye center caps may work if you are willing to drill their bolt holes in those wheels. You may need to use flat head screws and countersink the holes. Hex bolt heads may interfear with mounting if the wheel doesn't have offset there.

I tried the Charger aluminum wheels on my Cuda and ending up bending 2 studs in my new axles (just borrowed the rims). Then when I went to put the 4.5 BC rims back on and it looked like the studs were cracking where the thread was cut into the stud close to the hub. Now with the steel rims it may not force the stud over as much, but either way I would be careful!

You guys are scaring me now LOL. But it is good info and something I really did not think of. The lugs I was using are acorn type and I checked the rim today and they seemed to be hitting the taper but I'll try them again and make sure. Cheap isnt an excuse for safety.

You guys are scaring me now LOL. But it is good info and something I really did not think of. The lugs I was using are acorn type and I checked the rim today and they seemed to be hitting the taper but I'll try them again and make sure. Cheap isnt an excuse for safety.

Well one thing you could do is redrill your axles, so you could have both patterns in them, however that leaves the front disc's. I don't know if you can have them redrilled.

I'm goin for broke, i have talked to people and it is both ways as far as the bolt pattern. I put on the acorn type ralley caps and I think it will be alright.
picture015st7.jpg

-
Back