Center console recomendations

-

breakstuff

Reaction score
What other center console have you installed in your A body other than a factory one? Pics would be nice. I have a mint factory one but its too heavy for my tastes. I want something that looks decent and has plenty of space for switches and what-not....maybe a cup holder.

I was wondering the same thing earlier today. I figured I can mock one up using cardboard and tape, and then use that to make and weld it up using sheet metal. Once finished, I'll have my upholsterer wrap it in foam and leather or vinyl.

I'm figuring I can make something that has a comfortable armrest that lifts up for storage, a secret compartment for a Glock, cup holders, power ports and gauge pods.

Attachments

• Rollbar 1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 307
2014 Chrysler 200 in a B body wagon fit like a glove. Its no A body but it may be worth a look.

Attachments

• IMG_20150704_103340.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_20150412_214941.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20150704_103441.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 253
That sucker is heavy, isn't it. I got 3 or 4 of those stuck in the rafters here. Just too heavy. I think the roof is caving in......

It is for a race car where weight is kind of important. You might want to check out Lowes or home depot, they have these awesome support poles that are adjustable. Just might be the ticket for your saggy ceiling full of consoles.

After seeing 76orangewagon's and getting info from him. I'm using a ModernClassics Stiletto. the console is well built ,but I was forewarned the company was horrible to deal with. I was originally using an avenger console. I bought my car gutted so it was a blank canvas. I mocked up the seat and shifter to my reach instead of leaning forward and the console was purchased with a ratchet shifter cover. it has the same basic contour of the OE piece but fits under the dash better and has an armrest/glovebox. cupholders will go forward of the shifter

Attachments

• 20150915_192633.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 308
  • 20150802_192215.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 275
  • 20150802_192046.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 256
64sport, how much did you have to pay for that new age console?????seats?

That looks and fits really, really nice!
Now that's innovative and functional.

D

I just bought my daughter a 2016 200S. Super nice in there. I had already done some measurements and an Avenger has some really close dimensions. I need to measure my daughter's car. Salvage Run?

Thanks,
The console was $125 shipped off Eday and the 2004 Altima leather seats were $100 off Graigslist. I saw a member of ProTouring Mopar fit a 2011 Chrysler 200 console in a B body for the idea. I purchased Autogauges and they fit without issue. The console has two power ports and lighted cup holders. I haven't figured out what to do with shifter hole. I may fab a mount for the column mounted tach for the hole. I also mounted an amplifier in the forward section of the console. One problem I found is that I need to install power windows and locks. They're next.

-
Back