Center section + U joints

-

Ironmike

Reaction score
Wondered if anyone knows who's got the best price on complete third members for an 8 3/4. I have a 3:23 sure grip right now and want 4:10's.
Also, what U joints do you guys feel are the best?

Randy's ring&pinion have built 2 for me..nice work,my current one was built by Mancini racing great job and nice price,as for u-joints i went with 1350's i was having issues with the others(breaking) no problems with these:cheers:

When you suggest 1350 U joints, exactly what the heck do you mean?
Who makes 'em and where can I buy 'em?
Thanks Buddy!

I wouldnt buy anything that uses the new Auburn (cone type) 'Grip in it unless you want a rapid demise of the sure grip. They begin to destroy themselves the first time you round a corner. Looking for best price can lead to problems later...

Ahhh... thanks for enlightening me. I didn't know the Auburn type was really the dreaded cone type.
I want something strong. I will be making a few passes once winter is over. Didn't they all come from the factory with the cone type?
I see Mancini has good prices, but they are Auburn posi units. Any reccomendations on a vendor?

I got my last one of Ebay. Sure Grip Clutch style. I am pretty sure I paid 385.00 for it with shipping. It has been about a year.

Here is one of many you will find on Ebay.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chry...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I picked up one at the FALL FLING at woodley park for 1wild&crazyguy who posts on this site. It was used and in really good condition for $190.00, rebuild kits for them are around $60.00 or so!!

-
Back