CenterForce Dual Friction clutch - Remove weights???

-

Alex5280

74' Duster
Reaction score
So I have a new CF dual friction clutch and pressure plate, which I thought was a good way to go. Maybe it is ...But my reading on the internet is leading me to worry. I was planning on running an American Powertrain Hydralic throw-out set up, so I called them yesterday and was advised to "cut and remove" ring and weights on the CenterForce clutch. I guess it can catch the hydraulic TO and cause all kinds of damage. So....what to do??? I hope I am not opening a can of worms here...what's the word? Remove the weights? Leave them and run a standard TO? Remove them either way?

Thanks Guys

Alex

Last edited:
I'd just buy a new pressure plate, or use a different hydraulic throw out.

Is it for an 833 or something else?

The Centerforce clutch and pressure plate is new, don't think I can return it to Summit....CF box is not here any longer. Yes it is for an A-833.

Called Centerforce, called Summit. Summit said to send clutch/PP back.

Last edited:
How much horsepower are you running? Would have to be a lot before I spent for a twin disk set up.

I'm running the CF clutch AND the American Power train hydraulic TO bearing, with no issues whatsoever. 2 summers now. 560HP. For real. And it gets pounded regularly. Again, for real.

I don't know why they told you that crap. Once you get everything and mock it all up, youll see there's no way the weights or ring could interfere with the bearing.

Not the greatest clutch for my power, but it's still working great.

So far I like my mcleod twin 10 inch clutch. Its a lil grabby on take off unless you have the rpm up a little then its fine. Still bedding it in they dont have any damper springs in the hubs of the RST/RXT style twins so expect to hear & feel anything in the drive train.Good clutch though its overkill for my car but need a twin to take up the space the factory borg & beck would have taken.

-
Back