Centering the rear wheels

-
Local guy here had a 70 dart street car, 440 tunnel ram stick car. He put new quarter panels on the car and moved them forward all the way to the tub, left the rear end where it was.

Local guy here had a 70 dart street car, 440 tunnel ram stick car. He put new quarter panels on the car and moved them forward all the way to the tub, left the rear end where it was.
Wow that's pretty crazy. Myself I like the longer wheelbase look. I would like to talk to the prostreet guys to see how far back they moved the rear. A 1/2" is a lot of work unless you need tire clearance.

Just did a measurement. with my duster and the diffy in the stock location front to rear, i have 3/4" to the front of the quarter panel with a 275/60/15

The forward set axle has always bothered me. I think it makes the car look goofy, especially on dart wheel wells. My 71 was off 1 3/8 driver's side, 1 1/2 passenger side.

The forward set axle has always bothered me. I think it makes the car look goofy, especially on dart wheel wells. My 71 was off 1 3/8 driver's side, 1 1/2 passenger side.
Agreed. My Swinger is at the forward limit as far as I'm concerned. The 15" rubber definately made it worse.
001.jpg
20150722_175827.jpg

I did the same thing, took my time and made them match a template, they fit tite up against the inner front part of the wheel house. My painter/body man had VERY little work to do on them. Looks stock if u don`t know better . running 295 65 15 `s on it.

-
Back