centre consol makeover!!!

-

cudaboy 67

Reaction score
rough chipped and chunks missing centre consol,carpet trim seen better days,do i retrim with new carpet??? or try this.......... well pleased with the finish!!! lots of fiberglass...filler...filing....cussing!!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

flared out the lower portion for shifter mechanism when in reverse and 4th,used a plastic milk carton moulded with heat to shape then fiberglassed over.........hey its recycling!!!:cheers: applied same as when i retrimmed my dash,lots of hot glue sticks,sharp knife.clean area and NO distractions as can be fiddley..................rubbed down the metalwork,chrome not brilliant, done in matt black,will do other piece tomorrow.had to do trim in two halves,where trim meets not too happy with will get somthing to cover that, only see the one end and thats at rear............

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

cheers both, kinda wanted it factory ish not blingy etc.taken few days as working around it,done my head in at times too but pleased how turned out.got new black carpet for it and hopfully take seats to trimmers so its coming together!

dude! thats looks awesome!!! looks aftermarket repopish. You know what im saying tho. Looks good!

I think it looks pretty damn good, might could start a console restoration business with work like that, could even do matching dash pads.

doorcards next, used poo spray glue, now unpeaaling..........cannot beat hot glu gun, may treat myself to new chrome interior handles,armrests and plastic door handle shells.............poor car, going to have real nice interior but the exterior hanging rough!

Great job on the console....any further tips on applying the vinyl? Im about to make a console out of MDF and want to cover it for a factory look...

hi there, i did my dash, see post "now ive started somthing" that involved retrimming dash pads in same material,the best advive can give is: get your area to work in clear< sounds daft but you be surprised how much glue drips out hot glu gun, get plenty of glue sticks, i mean plenty! sharp utility knife/scissors,more material than needed, tip, i didnt put any glue on surfaces you can see,it causes bulges.... the glue was run in 6" lines on edge you cannot see ie undernearth or other side.more than 6" the glu cools and you cannot work it as goes off, hold for 30 seconds and work your way down DONT DO OPPOSITE yet.clamps {see pic}handy get used to burning your fingers as glue ooses out as you press{ cuss if you must,i just imagined how good itll look, that got me thro pain barrier:cheers:eek:nce you worked one complete side do opposite pulling tight as you can,stuff i used pvc based and quite stretchy,tip 2 as with my dash trimming there were awkard bits where creases inevitable,i actually put hot glu under these and made the materail even more stretchy with heat and pushed tite into corners,,just take your time really and please keep us updated!

12.jpg

great job I have a center counsle sitting for an A body I wish I had buckets in my dart...... maby next time ;)

thats what a cop said and also the mot man.......... eer i dunno? i reply....... :toothy10: line lock for getting up to no good hee hee:cheers:

-
Back