Ceramic header coating

-

Plym1948

Reaction score
I am looking to get the headers for my Willys coated, looking for a quality job, does anyone know who does a real good job? I was going to have them done by Jet-hot but I have noticed a decline in their quality in the past couple years. Any input will be helpful, Thanks

As far as I have been able to discover very few companies apply straight ceramic coating. Zircotech in the UK and Swain in the US are two that advertise they are in the will do automotive headers. Zircotech apparently does business in the US if you're willing to ship. There are others in the business but I don't know if they will do one offs or only industrial production work.

Of the organic or resin based coatings, there are many choices. These use ceramic and metalic mixed in to enhance various properties. Applied Plastics has a good website and is up front with the products they offer and who manufactures them.

I started a discussion on speed talk about the physical properties of the different thermal barriers hoping some folks with more expertise would chime in.

Regardless of who you choose to do the work, make sure they coat inside AND outside. In order to keep your warranty in place, use stainless steel bolts on your headers as well as on your valve covers above them; rust drips are not covered by most ceramic coaters' warranties.

-
Back