Ceramic Headers

-

sabre67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi will ceramic coated headers survive a new rebuild engine cam break-in run or would that destroy the coating from the prolonged heat build up? Thanks:color:

i have the same question, I hope to fire up my fresh engine soon, I spoke with my engine builder he said if you put 2 large box fans in front of the car when it is running and you have that air flow he thinks the headers would be ok, so that is what I will try, too much work to take them off and put a regular exhaust on just for break in.

Dad didn't have a prob with his durring break in on his charger. No extra fans either. Just kept running water into the rad. Headers were glowing red but the coating didn't flak of or anything.

Do NOT run a fresh engine with new ceramic coated headers. Fresh engines tend to run a bit warmer, and you can damage the coating. In fact, some header manufacturers state that doing such will void the warrantee. If, however, your headers are older and already 'broken in', you will probably be OK. But as expensive as coated headers are, I'd recommend working around it if you can. better safe than sorry.

if the jetting is correct...and the timing is set correctly right after you fire the engine you will be fine...BTDT

TTI headers say to use a break in set as their coating is rated at 1200 degrees. $1000. headers? Dyno break in maybe?

Done 3 set of tti ceramic headers on new engines....again..if the jetting and timing is correct....no problems....but i guess some people have problems getting those correct...LOL

TTI headers say to use a break in set as their coating is rated at 1200 degrees. $1000. headers? Dyno break in maybe?

My TTI's are permanently damaged from dyno runs on an engine that was already broken in.

Dad didn't have a prob with his durring break in on his charger. No extra fans either. Just kept running water into the rad. Headers were glowing red but the coating didn't flak of or anything.
if you have glowing red headers I would say you have a tuning issue and I would recommend shutting the car off

-
Back