Ceter Link Help

-

BJDEALER

Reaction score
Ok i got the cotter pins and nuts off of the studs that attach the center link to the tire rod ends. I dont know how to get the link off though. Do i have to take the whole assembly apart? I am trying to swap a 360 in my 66 cuda need help please!!

Thanks

Get an idler arm puller(comes in two sizes,get the compact car one) at your local auto parts store.

I worked in a front end shop for years and the best way I have found is to, put the nuts on just a few threads and tack a good size hammer and smack the center link by the stud in a downward motion. They usually pop right off. The pickle forks work but if your not careful you will rip the boot. The best method is actually a air hammer. One quick hit and the fall right off.

I worked in a front end shop for years and the best way I have found is to, put the nuts on just a few threads and tack a good size hammer and smack the center link by the stud in a downward motion. They usually pop right off. The pickle forks work but if your not careful you will rip the boot. The best method is actually a air hammer. One quick hit and the fall right off.
That's the way I do it too. If you don't want to use the caveman method, you can buy a puller that will pop them loose. A pickle fork is fine if you're going to replace them but they almost always rip the boot.

well after about a week of tinkering with it an hour a day or so i finally got the v8 center link installed. Now just have to pick up my new tierod ends on order tomorrow and put it back together

-
Back