CFB Trenton - Ontario, Canada

-
Do you still want me to check this out for you? It sounds like the seller might be a bit of d*#k to deal with from what I've been reading on this thread. The guy wants to sell it but won't respond to people interested in this car sounds fishy to me (just my opinion). I'm still willing to look at it for you if you want but if you don't think you want this one let me know.

he emailed last night and said for you to call him and set up a time so IF it's not an inconvenience then yes, I'm still interested in seeing some real pictures and hearing your opinion/evaluation of this car

thanks, whenever you get a chance

Found a real good one today right here in the classifieds!
I've been in touch with the guy & got it set up to look at it Monday evening. This guy said he has someone else coming to look at the car on Mondays as well. I think he'll be a hard one to deal with, just talking to him on the phone he seemed like a real d*ck. I'll let you know what comes out of this.

:read2:If your not in a big rush you can always take a trip to Carlyle, Penn. There spring show is coming i believe in April. Its been along time since ive been,Also have a all Mopar event too...summer i believe. Im planning on going down this year..spring...now that i have something. You can purchase cars right there with the owner and i understand paper work is done ready to go...........Just a idea. Edd

I live in Trenton too......
If you need more help....... but I think Ron has everything under control.

Hi Ron!!!!

Later
Wilson

itis still pssible to find deals locally..the trick is not to be too much in a hurry..we sales folks can smell that scent eally easilly.

My next door nabour just bought a sweet '70 GTX from less than 40 miles away..

I agree 440WIP..we tried buying a car across the border and the process was a major pain..luckilly, what I wanted came for sale in dartmouth so I bought locally..no the Duster which was located in Springhill and never winter driven. If U ever decided to go south again..we would go through a broker.

It does sound like you have the MOPAR bug bad..btw, I went through the kijiji ads in that ontario town and there were some very well priced mopars..

Grassy

Like they said.......don't be in a rush. The right one will come along.
I was looking for a A-body for 12 months before I pulled the trigger.
I was on Craigslist and Ebay and Kijiji for 12 months before I found a
71 Demon just 2 hours away from me. I was willing to buy state side
but in the end I didn't have to. I researched how to bring a car back
from the US and I had converted my money to American greenbacks
too. All for not.

Wilson

itis still pssible to find deals locally..the trick is not to be too much in a hurry..we sales folks can smell that scent eally easilly.

My next door nabour just bought a sweet '70 GTX from less than 40 miles away..

I agree 440WIP..we tried buying a car across the border and the process was a major pain..luckilly, what I wanted came for sale in dartmouth so I bought locally..no the Duster which was located in Springhill and never winter driven. If U ever decided to go south again..we would go through a broker.

It does sound like you have the MOPAR bug bad..btw, I went through the kijiji ads in that ontario town and there were some very well priced mopars..

Grassy

ok, don't take this the wrong way but I'm not 20 years old. I need technical advice and I need advice on what an A-body is worth and what specific things cost ...I don't need to be told how to buy a car ..LOL

In the past week I've spoken with no less than 5 people who have first-hand experience importing vehicles across the border (1 car and 4 bikes) They ALL say not to pay a broker thousands for something that costs less than $200 bucks. I spoke with a car dealer/broker last year who said the same thing!! Now, if you're importing a new car (less than 15 years old) it's another story.

I've been lurking on this forum for a year now, mostly reading the members restoration threads. I've been looking to buy a project for at least 2 years ..there's NOTHING locally, at least nothing that I'm looking for anyway. Yes there have been cars advertized that look pretty good ..most in the $13-18000 range and guess what - every one of them was bought in the US for 1/3 the asking price.

I don't get what "you have the bug really bad" means ...I don't see the point in hiding the fact that I'm in the market for a car, after all - that's the reason I signed up here :cheers:

so while I appreciate the advice to not be in too much of a hurry, I've been looking for a while now, and this summer is the time to start my project ...I don't know how to follow the advice of "not to be too much in a hurry..we sales folks can smell that scent eally easilly" just what does that mean besides don't trust anyone here and don't buy anything??

We've brought a car home from the States before with no issues and I have a friend locally who brings one home almost every other year. Neither of us has ever used a broker. Its really not that difficult.

We've brought a car home from the States before with no issues and I have a friend locally who brings one home almost every other year. Neither of us has ever used a broker. Its really not that difficult.

that's exactly what I'm finding out too. My biggest issue will be transport, it'd be easiest if the car was close enough to go get it myself ...I can't see it being easy to find a shipper who will meet me at the border crossing :angry7:

We had a car trucked from Los Angeles to Boston to my Aunt's in 98, flew down and drove home to Halifax. My friend has them trucked from California to New Jersy, flys down and drives them home. There are lots of deals out there. If you can get it trucked to the east coast you can just drive it home to Fredericton!

With that said, Grassy is right, there are some deals around here, but they're far and few between. Plus there is a better selection out there. It all comes down to what you really want and what you're will to spend. Good luck though on your search!

X sapper041: The yellow Demon is not my Demon....it belongs to the
guy I sold my 1970 Sublime Challenger to. My Demon is only half done
right now, but it is going to look pretty much like the one pictured.
The orange car is a A12 Superbee. For those who don't know
they are factory 440 six pak lift off hood car...very expensive!
Here is a picture of my Challenger now in his collection,and a picture
of my Demon. Ron can vouch for the quality of my last Mopar. It was
photographed by the magazine Mopar Collector's Guide at the 2001
Moparfest in New Hamburg Ontario. However it never did make it to
print.

Wilson

Attachments

• GY3.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 97
  • GY31.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 100
  • GY32.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 102
  • img134.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 88
Dodgefreak73....Ron........it was a tease shot of what it will look like.
There will be some differences though. I purchased BFG TA's,
the pictured car has Goodyears. I have decided to go with a black
out hood treatment with the same hood scoops though.

Wilson:)

last ones

Attachments

• img111.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 94
  • img118.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 100
  • img113.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 102
  • img109.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 94
he emailed last night and said for you to call him and set up a time so IF it's not an inconvenience then yes, I'm still interested in seeing some real pictures and hearing your opinion/evaluation of this car
Hey Dean, I went to look at the 'cuda tonight and it needs work. My honest opinion would be to to keep looking and skip this one. This car is very rough and has a lot of bondo in it already, plus the pics he is showing you are from 2 years ago. When I arrived tonight I was shocked as it is just the bare shell, he has completely stripped everything off and has all the parts in his basement. I wasn't get a real good look at the drivers side as the car is sitting in a foot of snow under a cover with a foot of snow on top of it and he would only pull the cover up on the corners. If I was selling a car and knew that 2 people were coming to look at it I would clear the snow off the car and from around it so a person could get a good look at it. He made no effort to show the car at all. He told me that the front fenders are repairable "just a small patch" but to me they are too far gone as they are rusted in a few spots, plus they have old bondo gobs on the inside were they have been fixed before. The pass 1/4 panel is full of fill that is cracking and falling off. The grilles are both broken, trunk floor, both front floors are bad. The inner front fenders are both rusted, 318 engine ran 2 years ago when he took it apart, I tried to turn the engine and it's stuck (siting with no hoses, air cleaner etc for 2 years). The drivetrain is 318/904/8.25 w/81,000 miles showing, he also has a bare 360 block with it. There are 2 new rocker panels, 1 new inner front fender patch panel that go with the car. All the parts are in boxes but it appears that most if not all of the parts are there. The guy also said the best price would be $4000 as that was what he paid for it. I apologize for the long note but I wanted to give you as much info as possible as I wasn't able to get as many pics as I wanted due to the snow. My honest opinion you can save the roof, hood, trunk lid, glass and trim almost everything else needs patching and/or replacing. The front fenders, both doors and both 1/4's have bondo in them. The frame rails are very good but unless you want to spend tons of $$$ to build something around them to me it's just a parts car. I have highlighted the bad spots in the pics, I wish I could've got more/better pics but he was not prepared and the location of the car car I wasn't able to get around it plus all the parts are in boxes. Good luck with your decision and your search!!

Ron
dodgefreak73 ________________

last ones
I miss your Challenger Muslca, but I'm sure the Demon will be top notch. To everybody wondering about Muslca's mopars he is one of the pickiest people I've ever met and his cars are always top notch. I know his bodyman as well and Pete is one of the best bodymen around.

dodgefreak73

Ron......I am very picky.I always have been. Almost compulsive like.....
OCD. Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to be back in the Mopar
world. The Chevys are nice but just not a Mopar. I have sold the Malibu
wagon. I am storing it over the winter for the new owner from Toronto.
The Demon will be done by summer time.
Heres a picture of my new daily driver bought of Kijiji's.
I know GM....but it was cheap.

Wilson

Attachments

• jimmy.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 91
For those who are curious....heres the Malibu wagon I just sold to
pay for the 71 Demon.

Attachments

• malibu.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 87
-
Back