cfm electric fan

-
I haven't heard that, but, more the merry IMO.

i just got my new fan from kmj i think is the name its the s blade and its 16" fan with i think 2300 cfm and only about 11amp draw....ill have to check to be sure its out in the shop now we got snow last night..but it was only like 30.00 and 2 relays 10.00 each with shipping to nc was like 60.00..

have used Spal fans in the past and had good luck with them

you need to makesure that you can fit the fan where you want it...thats what limit me to a diff. fan i was going to go with a proform that mounts to the redi. and has the fan control and all built on it for 140.00 and it pulled like 13amps....the fan i got is only 3 .75 thick most are 4" so your limited on space...

I have been playing with a couple different E-fans and so far have not found anything that really cools my car properly. Currently I am running two Mr. Gasket 12" fans at 1400 cfm each and the car still gets warm...and then to boot, when on the highway the car creeps up in temp because the fans can't pass enough air when free spinning (in warmer weather).

Stupid as it sounds, it's true. I had no highway cooling issues when I had a stock 7 blade clutch fan on the car. It only got warm when sitting in traffic because I had no shroud.

I thought the E-fans would be cool, and more effective, but so far have been unimpressed. I'm getting a fan set from a Benz CL which supposedly works awesome. It sucks a ton of air and fits over the 26" radiator perfect. If THAT doesn't work I'm going back to a mechanical and will just drop the coin on a shroud.

-
Back