Challenger 8 3/4 Rearend

-

69Dart

Reaction score
We have a 73 Challenger sitting in our backyard with an 8 3/4 rearend under it. What would it take to put that under our 68 Dart??? Instead of buying another rearend we would rather use this one if possible even it we need to narrow it. We had thought about narrowing a rearend anyway to get some larger tires..

Thanks
Rick and Rickey Jr.

All that is needed to mount it, is to relocate the spring pads to match your car, then narrow as desired. With the right backspacing on the rims, I have heard of guys using them without even narrowing.( I think this might look funny).
Also check your pinion size. It might be larger than your original, but Spicer makes a u-joint to adapt them.

Hi I Have A 69 Barracuda And I Put A 8 3/4 Out Of A Challenger Under It.i Just Had The Spring Mount Moved In To Fit The A Body And Used Rim With
6 1/2 Inch Back Spacing. So The Tire Is Flush With Fender. Iam Runing 28 X 11.5 Slicks.
I Am Trying To Get Pics To Put On Site So All Can See.

Gumby 369 said:
Hi I Have A 69 Barracuda And I Put A 8 3/4 Out Of A Challenger Under It.i Just Had The Spring Mount Moved In To Fit The A Body And Used Rim With
6 1/2 Inch Back Spacing. So The Tire Is Flush With Fender. Iam Runing 28 X 11.5 Slicks.
I Am Trying To Get Pics To Put On Site So All Can See.

That I would like to see! :thumblef:

If you check out competition engineering web site,they have the axle tub ends to install on the 8.75 diff.You can cut and reweld the new ends on to the spec you want,done deal in a couple of hours,mrmopartech

-
Back