Challenger owners

-

72demon440

Reaction score
Hey all of you challenger owners, The wife and I are taking a trip to california for our 15 year anniversary and we wanted to drive the coast and hit the winerys in the santa Barbara area. We were going to rent a challenger or a cadillac sts. We both want the challenger but how comfortable is it on long trips being a sports car? Is the ride pretty stiff? Just wanting to know before i committ to the challenger, I know the caddy will be comfortable. Just wondering how bad the challenger will beat us up. Any help is appriciated!! Thanks, Jared We live in WI.

I own a Challenger and don't mind long cruises at all. You may not be aware, but they do have quite the blind spot in the back. Nothing you can't get used to though. Now if you are truly considering the Caddy, I would suggest a 300C, they are awesome to ride in and have great power!

Does any one know what kind of a drive the Hwy 1 along the cost is, 65mph and steady or lots of turns and slower.

My pop has an R/T and loves to take it for long drives on twisty roads.

screw the caddy! We are going with the Chally! We just googled it about the ride quality and all the reviews said the same thing. Good to take across town or on a long trip. Thanks, Jared

The Challenger is a great car to take on long trip's comfy lots of cabin and trunk room. You will get great MPH on the hwy also.

I can't wait, going to suck having to wait until the middle of may though. There is going to be a car show in santa barbara during our stay!

You could always go for a few practice runs.......er, I mean test drives :D while you're waiting! I know you will enjoy the Challenger. You wont be getting an SRT8, so the suspension wont be too stiff. It's a great car for that type of trip. We often go on day trips through the mountains and enjoy every minute of it immensely! :cheers:

I reserved the challenger today, it would be fun to take one for a drive ahead of time!

You guys,will like Santa Barbara! Live a hour and a half,from there....

I own a 06 daytona charger and my sister had a challenger and I couldnt tell any difference in the dribe quality.BTW my charger is the best riding car I have been in so IMO your good to go.Oh yeah I drove back 12hours from Orlando and didnt get tired at all and stayed up late and woke up early without being tired.

I just got to drive a buddy's new SRT-8 chally last week. It rode a little stiff on the perf. ride setting but it is selectable and when you put in on the cruise setting (or whatever they called it) it rode real good. I have back issues and the seats felt as good as anything I've say in. I think you and your Mrs. are gonna have a ton of fun and will enjoy it. As for the blind spot, dang near every car I've driven that's less than 5 yrs. old has a bad blind spot on the left rear. I wonder if they aren't making the C pillar wider for better crash protection? Just a thought. JFYI: My wife has a Pontiac G6 (which I don't particular care for) and it has a worse blind spot than my bud's Chally.

Hey all of you challenger owners, The wife and I are taking a trip to california for our 15 year anniversary and we wanted to drive the coast and hit the winerys in the santa Barbara area. We were going to rent a challenger or a cadillac sts. We both want the challenger but how comfortable is it on long trips being a sports car? Is the ride pretty stiff? Just wanting to know before i committ to the challenger, I know the caddy will be comfortable. Just wondering how bad the challenger will beat us up. Any help is appriciated!! Thanks, Jared We live in WI.

I think they're comfy as hell! I wouldn't hesitate to drive a yellow jacket across country!

Santa Barbara looks nice. Any one live in the area close to there. There is a nice looking car show on the 18th of may. We are going to check it out before we head back up north Saturday afternoon. We fly back on Sunday afternoon. I wish we had more time though.

Does any one know what kind of a drive the Hwy 1 along the cost is, 65mph and steady or lots of turns and slower.

hehe slow and turns, some open range, nothing like coming up on a cow at 3 am. Awesome drive it just takes awhile to do. Hwy 1 comes off the 101 in places. So you can get off and cruise if you need to. What ever you drive will be fine.

-
Back