champion cc374 rad

-

modart440

Reaction score
does anyone know for a fact will a Champion cc374 rad in a 68 Dart with one of Baddarts lower rad supports provide enough hood clearance.Any pictures would be great.

That's exactly the set up I have in my Duster. It cleared the '74 Duster hood fine, and it clears the '71 Dart hood that's on the car now as well. CC374 with a 95-2000 Ford Contour set up and a lower radiator support brace from baddart. My lower support brace is welded in behind the original, I didn't remove the original. It's tight, but if you measure it up carefully it shouldn't be a problem.

I have some pictures from the top, I thought I had some pictures of the bottom. I'll have to see if I can find them. You can see where I have the radiator support brace located in the last picture.

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_1558_zps3b79216a.jpg

IMG_1563_zpsdd343921.jpg

IMG_1911_zpsff86839b.jpg

IMG_1915_zps32183594.jpg

thanks for the info. I measured from the bottom side of my hood to the top of the lower rad support and it measures 23 1/2 .There was another post somewhere that the dimensions on the cc374 rad have now been changed and the overall height is now 23 5/8.The rad you have might be the older version that measured 22 1/2 overall. Any chance you could measure to confirm?
thanks

thanks for the info. I measured from the bottom side of my hood to the top of the lower rad support and it measures 23 1/2 .There was another post somewhere that the dimensions on the cc374 rad have now been changed and the overall height is now 23 5/8.The rad you have might be the older version that measured 22 1/2 overall. Any chance you could measure to confirm?
thanks

Took the measurement, the dual electric fans make it a little hard to get a good straight measurement but I came up with 22-1/2" from the bottom to the top of the tank, and 23-1/2" from the bottom to the top of the radiator cap.

Also, I noticed that my tubular lower radiator support brace sits completely behind the radiator. It's close, but the corners of my radiator wouldn't clear the tubular brace if it were farther forward, like if it was used to replace the stock radiator support. You could do that, but the tubular support would have to sit lower than mine does. I'm pretty sure I trimmed mine up a bit because I was only worried about it clearing the radiator where it sits on my car.

Here's a picture of the driver's lower corner of the radiator and the tubular brace. Passenger side isn't an issue because of the angle on the lower tank, but the driver's side would need more clearance if you replaced the stock radiator support with the tubular one instead of welding it in behind like I did.

Attachments

• IMG_2042.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 322
Hey 72bluNblu. I'm putting that same radiator in my 68 Dart with a 360., aluminum water pump. Your radiator hoses look like just what I'm going to need. Would you happen to have part number for the top and bottom hose? thanks in advance.

Hey 72bluNblu. I'm putting that same radiator in my 68 Dart with a 360., aluminum water pump. Your radiator hoses look like just what I'm going to need. Would you happen to have part number for the top and bottom hose? thanks in advance.

Goodyear #60878 (upper) and #60880 (lower). Summit has them listed for '70-76 V8 Darts, but if that's the radiator you're using they should work.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gtr-60878

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gtr-60880

-
Back