Champion Radiator CC1643

-

Riddler

Project EH-Body
Reaction score
I think I've settled on this rad as it seems to fit my build and budget the best.

I can get this rad with 12" dual fans for $240 shipped or can get the rad for $380 shipped with the same dual fans but with a shroud.

Is a shroud really worth another $140?

Anyone know of a place to get a better deal on this rad with the shroud?

Riddler

The shroud will really help keep it cool.I would rather have the shrould and a single electric fan than just two electric fans and no shroud.

that radiator and this fan are what i used. no heat issue at all. the temp never goes above 188 with a 180 thermostat
[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radiator-Dual-Cooling-Fan-Motor-Assembly-for-Dodge-Chrysler-Charger-Magnum-300-/370879385960?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACharger&hash=item565a225168&vxp=mtr"]Radiator Dual Cooling Fan Motor Assembly for Dodge Chrysler Charger Magnum 300 | eBay[/ame]

that radiator and this fan are what i used. no heat issue at all. the temp never goes above 188 with a 180 thermostat Radiator Dual Cooling Fan Motor Assembly for Dodge Chrysler Charger Magnum 300 | eBay

Did this just bolt on or were there any mods? How did you plug in the wiring harness?

I can get the rad for $200 shipped and that shroud/fans for $90. Seems like a great deal. Now to just figure out how the shroud attaches and if a wiring harness with the pigtails can be purchased.

Thanks,

Riddler

Did this just bolt on or wwere there any mods? How did you plug in the wiring harness? Thanks, Riddler
these fans draw big amps so i just let the megasquirt fire a 70 AMP relay to operate them. i had to use a hole saw to cut a notch to clear the upper hose. i used machine screw with washer to anchor. pretty mild mods. i use both fans all the time , but plan on trying a single. then using the second for the A/C. i made my own plugs.

Any chance you have pictures of how you did it? Also installed pics?

Sorry to be a pain just can't picture it in my head.

Thanks,

Riddler

-
Back