Champion Radiator installed.... Awesome!!!

-

bryceliving

Reaction score
Just wanted to shout to the Mopar world that I ran my 318 73 Scamp for over half an hour with A/C on high at idle,,,,,,,,, Not even close to hot!!!!! Couldn't drive 4 miles without it getting hot before! Highly recommend Champion to anyone......... Major success, little mos to get it to fit, but looks great!

Well gee how 'bout photos? What part no. did you end up using?

will get pics later.... Used EC374..... Would've fit original holes, but would have to remove the lower radiator support....

Yes, modified factory shroud..... The bottom brace that runs below the radiator... With the holes they had, it sat right on it, and needed 1/4" more to fit the holes... So I drilled new holes on radiator side mounts, then modified the shroud to fit the new location, and had to drill new mounting holes in radiator for the shroud too.... Just kindof pulled in and out and drilled untill it fit and looked good!

also looks like the overflow outlet is on the wrong side. makes me wonder how generic that radiator is. if champion actually test fitted that design on a real 70' up A-body, it makes me wonder if that car has ever been in an accident. i've seen a few over the years, (mine included), that an alum radiator, (larger, more squared off lower tank), won't fit right. the lower support can be tweeked.
did you call them about the fit?

wondering if you called champion

my 22" 3 core from champion was bolt on perfect .... but with that said every Champion I have see shows the outlet for the overflow on the battery side.... mine included lol

-
Back