Champion Radiator.

-
318 will run I'm not sure what you bought for $177 bucks but I paid just under $500 to the door for what I purchased. An the only reason I started this post was to let members know what they were getting before they purchased from this company. An from the response I'm not the only one who was not happy with what they received for the money. I would have gladly paid a lil extra for a better quality product. So hopefully this helps the next member in there choice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 190
The cc375 I bought SUCKED!Wouldnt keep my motor cool but my Griffin I have now does.

Wow. If you paid anything close to $500 you got HOSED. You can get the CC374 (26" 3 core) on eBay for $206 shipped to your door.

As for that fan set up, any amount of money is too much for that. Especially given that you can get the Contour dual fan set up for a little over $100. Yes, I paid a lot more than that for my Dakota Digital controller and getting the whole thing wired up the way I wanted it, but it can be set up for a lot less than that if you don't want all the programmable bells and whistles, it should work off a simple electronic sender with a pre-set "on" temperature.

As far as the quality of the Champion radiators, it's pretty well documented on here already. I think everyone that has installed them has drilled their own mounting holes. I don't think there are any exceptions to that. I've only seen a few that were returned due to other quality issues, but in almost all of those cases Champion provided a new radiator no questions asked. The only issues folks had with returning them was the retailers they bought them from.

I purchased a complete unit 3 row core shroud fans wiring harness an overflow from Leadfoot an it was around $475 to the door.

I purchased a complete unit 3 row core shroud fans wiring harness an overflow from Leadfoot an it was around $475 to the door.

Ouch. I wouldn't pay $10 for those fans.

My champion radiator fit pretty good minus one mounting hole.Welds looks nice on mine. I kept my mech fan. Runs 185-195 on hot days. 340/6 10.1

318 will run I'm not sure what you bought for $177 bucks but I paid just under $500 to the door for what I purchased. An the only reason I started this post was to let members know what they were getting before they purchased from this company. An from the response I'm not the only one who was not happy with what they received for the money. I would have gladly paid a lil extra for a better quality product. So hopefully this helps the next member in there choice.

I purchased a Champion 2 row radiator for a 65 B-body small block. Works great! yes, I had to modify the bolt holes a little, as mentioned before. 177 dollars shipped to my door from ebay. (yes, it was new)

Brian, which radiator do you have and was the shroud and fan combo part of the kit? The shroud I got has the fans side by side and not hi and lo like yours.

Bill

I bought this Champion MC2374 radiator new/used from a member last year. It came with the fans, shroud and wiring kit. It's a 22 inch radiator and the fans would not fit side by side. Maybe on the wider radiators they are mounted that way?

I wasn't even going to consider messing with that dual fan set up. Has "junk" written all over it.

Sorry, I don't see it? Care to elaborate? The shroud fit the radiator fine once the bent bracket was tweaked. The fans appear to be generic electric fans, but bolted right in place. The wiring kit has a nice in-line fuse, relay and thermal switch.

Overpriced?!? Maybe, but I wouldn't call it junk. And I certainly don't think it looks junky.

84C9BA01-5279-4F91-9FD3-EB68B071846A_zpsxeseo20b.jpg

Sorry, I don't see it? Care to elaborate? The shroud fit the radiator fine once the bent bracket was tweaked. The fans appear to be generic electric fans, but bolted right in place. The wiring kit has a nice in-line fuse, relay and thermal switch.

Overpriced?!? Maybe, but I wouldn't call it junk. And I certainly don't think it looks junky.

How many CFM do the fans flow? How many amps do they draw?

Sorry, but I've seen those set ups before, and they just look cheap. The wiring and connectors aren't high quality, same for the fans.

And I'm not saying that my set up looks high quality, it's just a big hunk of plastic ;). But I know that the whole thing was original designed by Ford and Bosch, was intended to last at least 100k miles, and that it will pull 3,500 cfm on the highest setting. I forget the amp draw, but I knew it before I installed them. The wiring and connectors are heavy duty, weather resistant, OE items. I was leery of even the Dorman reproduction fans, so I have a set of original Ford motors that are made by Bosch that I pulled from the yard, along with the wiring harness.

The only info I've ever seen on those fan set ups is the amount of hp they're supposed to cool. Which is a joke. Where does that number come from? What thermal efficiency are they assuming?

Again, sorry, but the extent of that fan system is a couple of generic fans bolted to a cookie sheet. I seriously doubt it's been tested to see how many CFM is actually pulls as built, which is not just the sum of the fans. I'm not saying it doesn't work, it obviously does. But there is a difference between a set up like that, which is a couple of generic fans bolted to a shroud, and the Contour set up, which was designed, tested, and rated. And since the Contour set up can apparently be had for less money, I wouldn't spend money on a thrown together aftermarket set up.

How many CFM do the fans flow? How many amps do they draw?

Sorry, but I've seen those set ups before, and they just look cheap. The wiring and connectors aren't high quality, same for the fans.

And I'm not saying that my set up looks high quality, it's just a big hunk of plastic ;). But I know that the whole thing was original designed by Ford and Bosch, was intended to last at least 100k miles, and that it will pull 3,500 cfm on the highest setting. I forget the amp draw, but I knew it before I installed them. The wiring and connectors are heavy duty, weather resistant, OE items. I was leery of even the Dorman reproduction fans, so I have a set of original Ford motors that are made by Bosch that I pulled from the yard, along with the wiring harness.

The only info I've ever seen on those fan set ups is the amount of hp they're supposed to cool. Which is a joke. Where does that number come from? What thermal efficiency are they assuming?

Again, sorry, but the extent of that fan system is a couple of generic fans bolted to a cookie sheet. I seriously doubt it's been tested to see how many CFM is actually pulls as built, which is not just the sum of the fans. I'm not saying it doesn't work, it obviously does. But there is a difference between a set up like that, which is a couple of generic fans bolted to a shroud, and the Contour set up, which was designed, tested, and rated. And since the Contour set up can apparently be had for less money, I wouldn't spend money on a thrown together aftermarket set up.

I'm certainly not here to bash or to create conflict, but I have to agree 100% with 72. I went to my yard and picked up the v6 contour fan (Which can also be found in a V6 cougar) with the oem harness for $65.

This fan fits the 26" like a glove, plus there is a nice write up on the install and electrical floating on the forum. If you have the 22" champion, pick up the contour fan from the 4cyl model, fits like a glove with a few minor tweaks to the oem bracket of the fan. (Also a nice write up on this one.) Why spend more money and chance it, when these fans have been proven by members here?

Trust me, I did lots of research after my clutch fan and 2 row wouldn't keep my 340 cool.

22" Champion with Spal #2052
I've got no complaints.

Attachments

• 0625131824a.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 174
Sounds like some good advice from some of the members on here. Next time I will just get on here an ask before I purchase something like this I'm not sure of. Thanks everybody an have a great weekend.

Do you know how many rows were in his core? Mine is a 4 row core that supposedly supports up to 650 hp. I don't know how accurate that is, but that is what they claim on their website.

2 I believe. It now supports a rebuilt 440 in the 500hp range. Keeps it 180f all day long with no shroud and a flex fan and that's on a 100 degree day.

-
Back