champion radiator ?

-

71scamp78

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has bought any Champion Radiator and used it yet. Im in the market for a new cooling system and theirs looks very nice. I want the radiator with dual fans and schroud.

One in my Challenger and one in the wifes Duster, No issues. Dropped the temps about 10 degrees

Be careful with the fans.... read up on the many threads here about cooling problems with electric fans. Any shallow fan with thin blades is not going to pull air anywhere close to their free flow CFM ratings; with any pressure drop on the inlet side of the fan, their flow-through rate drops like a rock. And radiators cause pressure drops with air flow... I don't see any fans on the Champion site that I would use. There are threads on Ford Controur fans; look at them and you will see that those fans have depth and thick blades; those are needed to keep up airflow with any pressure drop in the airflow through the radiator.

Or use a stock type fan with a shroud.

And keep in mind that AL radiators are far more prone to corrosion than brass ones; so change your coolant every 2-3 years to keep the corrosion inhibitors in good shape. With a brass radiator, the relatively thick iron block and heads are sacrificial in the inevitable electrolytic process; any AL rad becomes sacrificial instead of the iron when you have the Iron/AL combination. Good ground straps on the front and back of the engine helps limit corrosion too.

-
Back