Champion radiators any good?

-

72moparswinger

Reaction score
Hey guys with getting this 360 in the car soon, My stock replaced 2 core will not do the job anymore now that its seeping.... only had it two years and its seeping a lot, im shocked. I was looking into Champion radiators and I found a nice 3 core aluminum one for 219 bucks, I know its rated for more HP than what I will have but I figure bigger is better. Its a 22 inch wide core so will that fit with no problems?
I measured my current radiator the stock one with 22 in tall + cap and 22 inch wide core with a 3 inch wide top tank
http://www.championradiators.com/dodge-dart-22-inch-core-small-block-radiator-1966-1974

Got two of them in cars....no problems at all....

I put one in my 70 Dart 340, no fitment issues, keeps it cool all day.

D56C9FEA-26D1-40B6-B0E4-A27C82800E2B-8672-000008FA2F52A25A.jpg

012_zps577ba258.jpg

The standard Rad size was 22 inches if cra was a slant or 318. but a 26 was optional with HD cooling package and standard on 340 cars

Thanks all for the replies!
So if I got a 26in wide core it would bolt right in assuming it would as it was a option for factory 26 in wide cores?

ahh I see, thank you, I guess I will stick with the 22 inch cause that looks like it drops in from what 70dartmike posted and it comes in a 3 core which would do the job.

My duster was a slant 6 car w 22" radiator. I put in a 26" wide rad from a dodge truck and it fit fine. There is about an inch of core that extends past each side of opening but only had to drill 2 new holes in frame.

I had one in my 66 Dart wagon and it worked great.

Just got my installed on Tuesday in my 69 Dart.Had to modify the right lower mounting slot but otherwise it fell into place.Will try it out later .

I put a 2 core 22" in my duster a few years ago, it works great no issues.

I have used them in two of my cars 4 core size without any problems other thann modifying the shroud and drilling new holes for the mounting position.

I'm have been running one in my race car for the last 3 years with no problems.

-
Back