changed my mufflers today

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
we have been going to some shows lately that is some distance. My wife told me that the mufflers has to go if I want her to go. I have to admit it has a pretty good drone to it just around the cruise speed. I put x-celerators on it. I think it sounded old school. When we put the Dart Sport on the road, junior decided to go with Flowmaster super 44's on his. I think they sound pretty good. I let momma ride back with him last Sunday to see if she could stand them and she said they were better. So, I put a set of super 44's on mine tonight. plan on going to Indiana this weekend to a show.................hope she likes them.:tongue: or this is what she is gonna get.:violent1:

I'm looking for a new exhaust system,am being told to go with Dynomax Ultra flows, 3" in and 2 1/2"out. You should make a vid of yours when they are on.

Hope they work out for you Bill, gotta keep momma happy :D. Wonder how much difference in sound on a big block?

Did it quiet it down....in your opinion? I went with Pypes street pros and they are truly drone free.When you get into it it's pretty aggressive,but no torturous drone when cruising. I was going to add tailpipes,but i think i'll spend the $250 somewhere else.

Attachments

• 20130324_121851.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 217
I wouldn't with 3". I would stay with the 2 1/2". I started it up and my son said "awesome". of course that word comes out of his mouth with anything out of the norm. I like the sound of it. it is different. It quited it down some. It used to sound like the mufflers we had back in the 70's. Thrush, glass packs. I don't know how to do video's on the net. I will get with this " awesome " kid of mine and see what I can do with putting one on here. my wife and I are going to take the Duster tomorrow when I go bowling and see what it does before the Indiana trip Sat. will keep you updated.

-
Back