Changing a starter in the parking lot

-

4flats

Reaction score
I think this kind of sums up driving an old car daily. I just put a new waterpump on last weekend that required 3 trips to the parts store to finally get the right one and required removing almost EVERY SINGLE BOLT ON THE FRIGGIN' CAR! Well, seemed like it, never want to do that again (it's my Ford, not the Dart). Cranked and drove great Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday MORNING, but just spun the starter Wed night. We are working all day Saturday, so Sunday I'll be on my back in the company parking lot swapping starters, cool, huh? The funny thing is, I don't mind so much. I'm kind of looking forward to it. God knows when I was a kid and drove the Dart everywhere, I made more difficult repairs with less in worse places! All the people in the office think I'm crazy for not buying another new car, but several of the guys in the plant have offered to show up on Sunday - OFF THE CLOCK - to help! That's the differance between car people and everyone else, I just keep smiling, and they just shake their heads.

Doesn't sound like too much fun, hopefully it's not too bad to get at!

Easy to get to, easy to do, actually, I'm looking forward to it. That's the part nobody around here (office people) can understand, laying in the lot fixing my car is actually a pretty good Sunday afternoon!

Easy to get to, easy to do, actually, I'm looking forward to it. That's the part nobody around here (office people) can understand, laying in the lot fixing my car is actually a pretty good Sunday afternoon!

Ford did place starters in a really easy place to get to so shouldn't be too bad. Yeah, there is also a difference between mechanics and car people. Some of them hate their jobs and cars, but stick to it. Which Im clueless why. But car people are awesome to have around, most of us see wrenching as just that. Even if it is what you do for work, you just don't see it as work really.
:-D

Ah the memories... several homies standing around while I put a starter on a neighbors Coupe DeVille ( 562 cubes or something like that, semi-annual starters LOL ).
Some would hand me this, hand me that. Others would pour beer on me, tie my shoe laces together, etc.... Have fun

-
Back