Changing colour

-

grassy

Reaction score
Folks,

I want to change the interior of the car. My wife thinks that if we change the colour to black with the kits to spray on paint to the dash and pad and dye for the carpets that it will look like sh**.

Is she right ?

Grassy

if you get the good vinyl spray and you properly prep your surfaces you can make it look really nice! and there are tons of color choices also.

as for the carpets....most dye will look good but after a few years of use the color tends to "bleed out" .....lets say you go black.....I have seen it bleed out to a bluish gray , a greenish color and I have even seen it turn almost orange (looked like bleach was spilled on it).....the plus side is......you can always redye it or touch up spots later on down the road.

do some searching around on fabo, alot of guys have completely redid there interior out of spray cans and some of these cars are even show worthy!

I also am doing this, I vinyl sprayed my dash pad and I will be doing my door panels and my back seat.

best of luck

I have seen friends use the good vinyl paints, one had decent results but the others looked really bad. This could be the result of prep. I am not a fan of the vinyl paints because I have seen more bad ones than good.

Someone did my Valiant black and you can see the original colors because of scratches at the kick panels. Also the headrests are faded and you can see original color there also.

best thing in my opinion save up for a new pad and carpet your only looking at $400 max evreything else can be painted my interior has a mix of new parts original black parts and painted parts and you would never know

..I hadn't realized that it was that cheap..must go back and do a bit of homework..

Thanx
Grassy

..I hadn't realized that it was that cheap..must go back and do a bit of homework..

Thanx
Grassy

alot of these are US prices though too, we have to account for shipping and border fees as alot of it has to come from the states even canadian companies outsource

alot of these are US prices though too, we have to account for shipping and border fees as alot of it has to come from the states even canadian companies outsource

Hi..haven't heard from you lately..going to Bridgewater or Berwick ?

If you ship by Courier...UPS..Fedex....they use brokerage companies..to translate this means you are going to be HAMMERED with multiple fees guaranteed....sometimes they come after you a second charge and you have to pay it..

If it sent via USPS ..depending on the way they enter Canada you my or may not be hit with a small duty charge, sales tax and a 5 dollar handling charge..

Our dollar is about the same..give or take a few cents..this is the right time to be buying.

Grassy

bridgewater is the 29th and all mopar show correct? and berwick is when? I have the valiant up and running and its currently dads daily driver as his fifth avenue must have a chev part on it or something cause I have had more problems with it in the last month then any mopar ever, which are you going to?

SEPTEMBER 5 Berwick Gala Days I haven't been to this show since '05 - it is all types..but Bridgewater is all MOPAR.

ian.

oh right I remember being to berwick show the day before school started that was many years ago, so your going to be in bridgewater, by the tim horton's right? and its 10-4? havent ever been to that one

yes..slow..

there is an interesting one this weekend at a body shop out in canning..i know entrance is 4 bucks...not sure that is for spectators or entrants..the surrounds are pretty lumpy..

-
Back