Changing radiator

-

Sven

Reaction score
Having a ´74 Duster, originally with slantsix and a 19" radiator.
Has a 360 in the car now and thinks of buying an originally looking radiator from Vista Pro or US Radiator.
Is a 26" radiator for ´74 a bolt in or must I change anything in the front ?

I have a 73 Dart Swinger and I had to drill new mounting holes for my 26", but that was all.

Yeah it fits in there, just barely. New mounting holes. Use bolts and nuts as the weld nuts dissappear when you cut the opening larger in the rad support to actually take advantage of the larger rad. I put a 26inch 73Swinger A/C rad into a 68Barracuda that originally had a /6. Try and dress the cut edges so nobody cuts themselves on it. The 360 really needs that 26incher. Depending on hp level, most will need one or more additional helps such as a hi-flo pump, hi-flo stat(180* or even 160*), 7-blade fan(sometimes a clutch-type will work), a coolant recovery system and sometimes a switch to straight water with additives. Make sure the hoses are in good shape and that the coil spring stiffener is in the lower one, and that the rubber strip is still installed that seals the hood to the rad support. I have found a 7psi cap to work for me and the hoses last way longer.Some engines may require a higher working pressure. And maybe carry a spare belt.( I hate walking,esp in the cold). A quality temp. guage may help save your motor.

-
Back