Charger 2.7

-

daredevil

Reaction score
Does anyone have a 2.7 Charger? I, looking at a 2009 wihh 40k on it for the wife since she went back to work. Any thing wrong with the baby v6. Drove the car and although a little slow it was pretty smooth. what's the pro,s and cons of these cars. I have a muscle car and just need a commuter and trip car.

Rode around in one as a rental a few years ago and it seemed almost adequately quick (LOL). IMO go with the 3.5L as it will probably get close to the same mileage as the 2.7L but have better power. All of the reviews I read about the LX cars say to stay away from the underpowered 2.7L ones. Besides the 3.5L is a beefier engine anyway.

the 2.7L is known for having sluge issues if the oil is not changed at 3,000 miles i would also look for one with a 3.5L

the 2.7L is known for having sluge issues if the oil is not changed at 3,000 miles i would also look for one with a 3.5L
X2 The 2.7 is a big pos in my opinion. If the previous owner didn't take care of the maintenance on a regular basis your asking for trouble down the road. The 3.5 is a much better engine.

X3 sludging was the bigest problem with that motor, seen quite a few, very exspensive repair. as long as it was mainted well and proper viscosity oil was used they do well

When we bought our 08 we could have had either go with a 3.5 after driving both I think it is far better.

Run don't walk away from that 2.7 ain't a ggod one on the road!!! Freind of mine works at Chrysler dealer here in town and tells me go ahead miss one oil change and says they are hard to work on and very short lived not my opion his and he works on them daily

Like said already I have heard about sludge problems with them.

Once you drive the 3.5 you'll forget about that 2.7 slug.

thank you for saving me a lot of grief.I called the salesman and told him about my concerns. I looked up 2.7 problems and found there are 3 seperate class action lawsuits out on these motors. Can barely afford the car but cannot afford to buy problems. So the search is on for a v8 charger in my price range.Thanks all, good to have you guys helping me.

thank you for saving me a lot of grief.I called the salesman and told him about my concerns. I looked up 2.7 problems and found there are 3 seperate class action lawsuits out on these motors. Can barely afford the car but cannot afford to buy problems. So the search is on for a v8 charger in my price range.Thanks all, good to have you guys helping me.

the 3.5 charger is a good combo also..

The 3.5 is a great combo. Great fuel economy enough power great highway car.

Aggreed 3.5 awsome engine for a daily driver enough power to pull out and pass on the hyw. good mileage. V8 will need a healthy diet

The 3.5 is a great combo. Great fuel economy enough power great highway car.

great fuel economy? i don't think so...it does ok. best we have gotten in our magnum so far is 24 on the highway only teens around town. personally i think it should get better. but it does run nice and have plenty of power for us..

the hemi actually gets real close to the same mileage because it shuts down the cyls. on the highway

If you can get one with the 5.7 then by all means take it. Same mileage as the V6 but more power and peace of mind knowing you have one of the best V8s of today. Some people have claimed pushing 30 MPG on long highway trips with the MDS.

X2 The 2.7 is a big pos in my opinion. If the previous owner didn't take care of the maintenance on a regular basis your asking for trouble down the road. The 3.5 is a much better engine.
Hey I have a 2007 Chrysler 300 Limited with the 3.5 (wifes car) and i have a 2007 Charger RT hemi 5.7 (my car), when it drops 4 cylinders on the highway with a Diablo tune 93 octane, i am getting 30-31 mpg @ 70mph the best we have ever gotten with the 300 and the 3.5 is 26-27 mph, in my opinion do not buy ANY of the sixes especially the 2.7 do a google search that engine is crap. GO HEMI

-
Back