Charger R/T Wheels

-

adamp

Reaction score
Anyone Dart guys running these? Have any pics? I have some being sold locally and seems like a good price... $180 for all 4 with 20% tires...

13780_281051792065381_4677875801170509724_n.jpg

They've got a 5 x 115mm bolt pattern. Big bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3mm. That small change in bolt pattern has been known to cause some failures.

As muu muu said, the bolt patterns are different. I'm sure you could wallow out a few of the holes to mAke it fit. But I don't advise it. It comprises the integrity of the wheels. Also makes them damaged so I feel you would have a hard time finding another buyer. Just my opinion though. I've done that before on an old truck I had. I had some steel wheels that weren't the right bolt pattern and were off by a 1/4 inch or so. I didn't want to pay to have the tires removed and reinstalled so I just put them on. I would never do it again though.

Why did they change them? Thats just dumb, close the hubs to about 1000 aftermarket rims. Being that close makes me wonder if a machine shop could redrill your pattern and press in some sleeves or drill them to mag shank nut specs? I know the 5 on 4 and the 5 on 100 are only 1.6 but it still makes the rim not fit.

Charger wheels up to 2010 are 5 x 4.5 they didn't go to 5 x 115 until 2011

Rockauto shows the same hub is used for Chargers from 2006 to 2014, so I suspect that info is maybe not correct.

Not going to wade into this subject other than to say I've found plenty of info to suggest that this is a documentation issue and the bolt pattern never changed. But I can't find anything to substantiate it. I did put a gauge on a set of 300 wheels and the gauge seemed to indicate 4.5/114.3. Best suggestion I have is, get a gauge and measure them yourself.

-
Back