Charges dismissed in Chrysler parts case

-

j-miller

Demonized by Dodge
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Heard this on the news today and copied and pasted an article from a Carlisle,PA newspaper. According to the news report,Chrysler lost interest in the case. Thought i'd share for you guys...............John

Charges against a man accused of selling counterfeit Chrysler parts during the Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals in July 2008 were dismissed this morning.

David Layson, 44, of Layson’s Restorations in Lakewood, Wash., was not present for the proceedings, in which he was ordered to pay $1,000 in court costs and given permission to retrieve items seized during the investigation.

Layson’s attorney, Matthew Gover, said the charges were dismissed per one of Pennsylvania’s rules of criminal procedure that allows such action if prosecutors agree. Chrysler’s dissolution into the Chrysler Group and a recent overturn of Pennsylvania’s trademark patent law contributed to the agreement, Gover said.

North Middleton Township police said they began investigating Layson after receiving a tip from Chrysler, which reported it had been trying to protect its brand in the case for nearly four years.

Layson was charged with running a corrupt organization, trademark counterfeiting and theft by deception after authorities made undercover purchases and then seized about 1,000 parts, most of them for headlights.

Layson had said he was within his right manufacturing and selling parts without the Chrysler pentastar and that all the trademarked parts seized from his stand had been purchased legitimately.

talked to a guy at laysons who said they are counter suing and that some high up guy was getting under he table kick backs from other companies so they could make chrysler parts.

As long as he has my early cuda lenses I could care less about anything else.

the moron still s/b out of business
Why is that?? Chrysler won't make the parts anymore.....why can't someone else? I bought may parts from them and find the quality is first rate (except floor pans). My only beef is that their customer service on the phone is horrible. Sometimes you're on hold for an hour. Took me almost 8 months to get a refund on a part that didn't fit ('63-6 floor pan).
Thanks, Mark

Regardless of what our stories might be on slow parts or customer service in the past, Rick on FABO has done one heck of a job for the enthusiasts.....

...AND, it WAS a BS charge......BOGUS to the core, and they KNEW IT.

I feel sorry that Chrysler has bit the dust in so many ways, but perhaps the enthusiasts and hobbyists will have a better chance at good parts now at reasonable prices.

yeah seriously. if you think thier parts are a ripoff and customer service stink, then dont buy from them. i have bought a few hard to find items from them with good results.

Regardless of what our stories might be on slow parts or customer service in the past, Rick on FABO has done one heck of a job for the enthusiasts.....

...AND, it WAS a BS charge......BOGUS to the core, and they KNEW IT.

I feel sorry that Chrysler has bit the dust in so many ways, but perhaps the enthusiasts and hobbyists will have a better chance at good parts now at reasonable prices.

Well thats Great!!
Maybe now someone will produce good sheetmetal parts for 67-9 Barracudas!! I need trunk gutters and trunk floor extensions that actually fit. What the hell, why not lower 1/4 patches and rear body panels that are specific for these Barracudas??!!

Work it baby, work it!!

I doubt most of the part seized were "headlights..."' Jeeze get it straight news! And as long as we buy from Laysons, he'll continue to serve us up....

Maybe the prices will come down, as the lawyer fees may be going down :)

Why is that?? Chrysler won't make the parts anymore.....why can't someone else? I bought may parts from them and find the quality is first rate

X2 my parts from Laysons have been great. I have only bought through member rick here on the forum though.

i talked with the guys from layson's at the indy show last weekend. they were awesome. very knowledgeable and friendly. they have some kick *** parts too. i m just glad to see them out and about.

You don't have to buy them from Laysons, another place has them, I think they are alot cheaper too! If I can find the link I will post it.

Hecho en Mexico...good enough for me, ..they are on their way...

I had some parts ordered from Layson's when this BS went down. Because of that, it took a while to get everything. Thanks to Rick, I ended up getting it all. He stayed on top of it, and kept me informed of what was going on. Everything I got was good quality, and service was top notch. If you deal with Layson's, go through Rick.

Chrysler and GM have their gull to go suing us little guys when here they go promising all these "lifetime" benefits to their employees years ago for less pay increasing and then they go wiggling out of them by that BS bankruptcy filing and they also cheated their suppliers and investors. out of billions

They are scared now of taking these cases all the way to trial, a jury might very well find in favor of the little guy

-
Back