Chasing the Wally

-
I've won a wally..it's worth all the time & money it takes to win one

One of the Wally's is very special to my Son & I.
My Dad had passed away on that Thursday, May 2011.
He was very close to me & my Son.
We used to all travel to the big MoPar shows, Ohio, Las Vegas ETC.
This was before my Son was old enough to drive.

My Dad had always supported & traveled with me when I raced.
So when my Son started racing, he always expected my Son to call him to tell how he did, no matter what time we got home.

My Dad had passed & we wasn't going to race on that Saturday, but my Mom told us, "you know what your Dad would want you to do".
Love my Mom.

We went ahead & raced, also we had forgotten it was a Wally race.
Well, the Son won the Wally & all the racers knew that we had lost a Dad & Grand Dad that week.
They all lined up on the return road and gave him a hi-five as he came down the return road.
His Mother & I were in tears.
So, I'll always remember that Wally, that my Dad helped my Son win.

I have been able to win a Wally. My best friend helped me keep the car running the right ET's in my Class. NHRA Super Street, this class you have to run the same et the entire event. It is a heads up class. You have to use a throttle stop to adjust your et at different times of the day. At sea level S/ST is 10.90. I also use a delay box with a trans brake. I am usually very good on the tree, but running the number is usually my issue. With my best friend and a average reaction time of .010 I was able to win a NHRA division 6 event in Billings, MT. The best part was a very good 69 Camaro Driver red lighting for me in the final round. Keep racing, seat time is the best answer to winning! Good Luck

-
Back