chassis dyno results

-

GUP

Reaction score
I had my 73 dart on a chassis dyno this weekend. I have a 446, 9.98:1 compression, Mopar .557" lift cam, roller rockers, Eddy 84cc chamber aluminum heads, M1 intake, Holley HP750 carb, TTI headers and good flowing exhaust, 727 trans built with a 2400rpm converter, and 4:56 gears in the rear. Here is something unusual, the dyno checked my car as only making 308 hp at the rear wheels, I thought sure it would be more like 375-380. The pull started at 2000rpm, and ended at 6200 rpm. The odd thing is it made the same 308hp from 2400rpm up to 6200rpm, give or take 2-3 hp either way. Do I have a converter or my 3rd gears clutches slipping? It has to be something like that, doesn't it? Plugs look good, and car runs excellent, except for a slight lean condition just off idle. (I am sizing air bleeds down to fix that). Any ideas?

sounds like a bad dyno read.what did the operator say about it. also what was the torq and hp at 5200 should be the same

they didn't give me a torque reading. I think you may be right, it very well could be a bad reading. The reading has horsepower vs mph. There were other cars there that I couldn't believe the reading s were as high as they were. A 390 powered Mercury cougar, iron heads, eddy intake and eddy carb w 200 shot of Nitous, 3:55 gears, 467hp!!! I did notice that the cars with road gears made better numbers as a rule. There was a pulling truck with a 406 sbc on alky, brodix heads, roller cam, etc. Dyno results...355hp?

something is defiantely not right there, they didnt give you a torque reading? what the crap is that? they did atleast give you a chart? somethin isnt right, my 318 before we changed a couple things was 240rwhp, you should be much more than just 308...

You are exacly correct, it is just a number. I am heading for Gateway this coming Tuesday night to see how it does on the strip. This will be the first trip to the track, so we'll see.

-
Back