chassis fabrication/hotrod shops san jose

-

sic71dart

Reaction score
Any recommendations on where to get my rollcage and subframe connectors installed? I am looking into maybe Goodies Speed Shop
(formerly Speed Merchant) or maybe Magnum Force. I know magnum force specializes in mopars which may be a plus but I am not sure if there are any other smaller places out there that do good work for a bit less money. Also while I am at it what about body shops? Id rather go with a place that deals with restorations and classic cars more so than a regular old body shop. Having said that I cant afford to go out and spend 10 grand on a paint job so they would have to be affordable yet still give me a decent paint job. I am not shooting for a show car or anything but just something respectable.

First,some advise,ask how much to paint your car before you tell them $10,000 they might do it for less.Depends on how muchbody and prep is required.Good Luck with the spending.Spend wisely,bodywork and paint can swallow up $10,000 real quick(depending on condition of car).:cheers:

Well I was hoping for paint and body work to be done for under 3 grand. The body is essentially solid with only a few PINHOLE sized rust bubbles under the fenders. No rot or real dents anywhere else. I am hoping this bad economy gives me some negotiating room with these guys.

There are lots of places out there that do that kind of work. I'm not sure who to recommend, but get yourself to a Mopar Alley club meeting and ask around.

As for the paint/body. If you're not looking to spend a fortune and only need a little prep work, you can do worse than Maaco. they don't do a bad job putting down paint, they aren't real good at masking. Remove all trim/bumpers/lights/etc. and you have a fighting chance to get something nice out of them.

-
Back