Cheap/easy PCM/CMR fixes and custom tunes

-

myduster360

Reaction score
If you're using a factory PCM, have a DiabloSport Predator/Trinity and need any settings turned off, just send a PM.

I tune a lot of LX(na, sc,and turbo) and Srt-4s, so I know the NGC PCM pretty well and can answer most questions.

Currently we're in the process of putting a 2006 5.7 into a 67 Barracuda notch back[slow going,,lol]

If you're using a factory PCM, have a DiabloSport Predator/Trinity and need any settings turned off, just send a PM.

I tune a lot of LX(na, sc,and turbo) and Srt-4s, so I know the NGC PCM pretty well and can answer most questions.

Currently we're in the process of putting a 2006 5.7 into a 67 Barracuda notch ack[slow going,,lol]
Hey what PCM do you recommend for ease of tuning? I'm running a non mds 03 engine with a 4 speed manual.

I tend to prefer the 05-08 PCMs.

03-04 are a little oddball and 09 and newer often have AAN(Advanced Neural Network) for fuel control that can be a pain sometimes.

I tend to prefer the 05-08 PCMs.

03-04 are a little oddball and 09 and newer often have AAN(Advanced Neural Network) for fuel control that can be a pain sometimes.
I was thinking of trying to find an 05 truck PCM out of a manual Ram but they are very hard to find. What do you guys charge for a tune?

i got an 04 pcm from a 2500. w/ a manual trans. and i need to get a tune on it. i have a tune for a 04 ram 1500 but since the pn's are diffrent i need a new tune or have the pn's changed if i sent you the tune do you think you could change it to work with the new pcm?

We(me) charge $300 for a full custom tune.

$500 for forced injection

$50 for switches and injector scaling (refundable with the purchase of a custom tune)

i got an 04 pcm from a 2500. w/ a manual trans. and i need to get a tune on it. i have a tune for a 04 ram 1500 but since the pn's are diffrent i need a new tune or have the pn's changed if i sent you the tune do you think you could change it to work with the new pcm?

Should be no problem unless the custom tune is locked.

If ALL you want is the tune transfered from one PCM to the other, it'll be $50.

send me a PM with your email.

I was thinking of trying to find an 05 truck PCM out of a manual Ram but they are very hard to find. What do you guys charge for a tune?
yeah i hear you there. a friend of mine has been looking for a manual trans ram since the hemi came out in 03 and he has only seen one. (he works for a junk yard and was wanting a few parts (mainly the trans) when i told him i wanted the PCM he laughed and said he has never seen one. then he calls me up 2 days later and said one came in and that i could have the PCM and harness. so i gut lucky there.

Should be no problem unless the custom tune is locked.

If ALL you want is the tune transfered from one PCM to the other, it'll be $50.

send me a PM with your email.
im under the impression that its not. Ill hit you up in a while. we dont have the motor in just yet. we are still building the rest of the car to handle the motor. im shooting for 10's in the car.........

We(me) charge $300 for a full custom tune.

$500 for forced injection

$50 for switches and injector scaling (refundable with the purchase of a custom tune)
Thats really good pricing. I have the cmr software myself for DCX's so I can do all the switching but I don't have a ton of tuning experience

Thats really good pricing. I have the cmr software myself for DCX's so I can do all the switching but I don't have a ton of tuning experience

NA motors are pretty straight foward. Turbos and Superchargers on Hemis can be sometimes troublesome but its not too bad if you know what you're doing.

If you need any advice just let me know email me or send a tune and I'll offer suggestions.

I, like swisswill, am lloking into the stand-alone stuff, has anybody worked with the F.A.S.T. Hemi stuff?

Currently we're in the process of putting a 2006 5.7 into a 67 Barracuda notch back[slow going,,lol]

I'm starting to research putting a 6.1L into a '69 Barracuda convertible with auto tranny (Perhaps Keisler) and with factory air.
The MP Crate motor with the AEM controller does not appear to use the O2 sensors - which seems to defeat one of the main reason for FI.
What PCM and mods would you suggest so I can haveclosed loop capability??
Thanks
Jim

I'm starting to research putting a 6.1L into a '69 Barracuda convertible with auto tranny (Perhaps Keisler) and with factory air.
The MP Crate motor with the AEM controller does not appear to use the O2 sensors - which seems to defeat one of the main reason for FI.
What PCM and mods would you suggest so I can haveclosed loop capability??
Thanks
Jim

Just because no O2s are included, does not mean the ECU is incapable of using O2 sensors for closed loop feedback.

Every AEM EMS is capable of closed loop. So I'm pretty sure you could add at least one O2 sensor with the appropriate wiring and calibration.

With that said, if the calibration is very precisely tuned, the added benefit of using closed loop diminishes.

-
Back