Cheap/inexpensive street clutch

-

mod5v

Reaction score
I need to replace the 68$ e-bay special clutch in the duster. anyone recommend a inexpensive replacement I want a diaphragm type as I don't want to put the overcenter spring back in. How about the Lux or Sachks ones on rockauto. going behind a 300hp 360 10.5" size.

I have clutch,flywheel, lakewood scatterhield.
I m looking to sell.
I ill sell clutch if thats the only thing you need . Cheap. let me know

Get another 68 dollar one. You want cheap. There it is.

I've used Sach and Luk before on stock replacement stuff with great sucess. I have a Sach behind my 460 in my F-150.

I will say I'd rather replace a clutch than repair a transmission or rear end.

Thanks all got 4 helpful responses and one.. well I wont lower myself to that level..

I think you already did. And what RRR said, I echo.
The clutch is not a place to cheap out. The domelight,maybe.....But if you are just gonna slam a cheap clutch in there to make the car saleable? Well,that would be a whole nuther can-O-worms.
And as to reinstalling the spring? That's a poor way of selecting a clutch.This I might understand if you have physical handicap.But in all seriousness, putting the spring back on is just not that big a chore. Plus at the cheap-clutch level, you might get away without it anyway.
In any case, you might just have the cheap-clutch thing cornered already; just buy a disc and slap it in there PressurePlates can be reused, if physically sound.

This cheap 68$ clutch lasted 10 years. But are no longer available and really its easier for me to change the clutch than put the spring back in. Besides I like the feel of the diaphragm type and no the car will not be sold it is already promised to my daughter when she can take care of it. I ordered a "luk " for it so it's done.

-
Back