Cheap temp 4bbl carb via junkyards for sl6?

-

superslant

Reaction score
Hey there, have a 63 dart. /6 bored 60+, high rpm Berry cam, 4bbl clifford intake, split headers. I am short on cash right now but want to put the 4 bbl setup on the car. Wondering if I can find a cheap carb at a junkyard off a 318 or something to get it on the road. Also Wondering about the foot pedal setup on my a body is a rod setup and would have to be changed to a cable. What kind of parts do I need to round up for this. Also have the 904 push button transmission. I believe the kickdown is also ran off that rod. Can I use a cable setup on this also. What parts would I need as far as brackets etc... Just want to prepare myself as much as possible so when I swap these out my cars not sitting for to long well I look for parts. Thanks everyone for the help. Slantsickness...

Superslant I like Eddy 140X carbs so any Carter would be fine. A small Holley should be easy to fine as well. Look for a V8 A body for the cable conversion parts and take pedal to the carb. Use a Lokar or Buchilon (SP) cable to do your kickdown. On your 63 you dont have part throttle kickdown so it will be easy to set up. A note on carbs....since you have a slant I would try and find a Vac sec carb so it only opens as much as is needed or it may be terrible on fuel economy.
Frank

Junk yard carbs from a 318 could be a TQ or a rochester, which of course is also found on GM cars.

Lokar makes cables for throttle and trans kick down that you size to fit. There are cheaper places than Lokar, but I fail to remember them.

-
Back