cheap way to lower a 73 duster?

-

eviper21

Reaction score
just going for looks right now, later on ill do it with performance in mind aswell.

but i know for the rear i can use blocks right? i want the tire to tuck in the fender well a bit. Either that or flip the shackles??

but for the front i have no clue on how to lower a torsion bar set up. any suggestions?

just going for looks right now, later on ill do it with performance in mind aswell.

but i know for the rear i can use blocks right? i want the tire to tuck in the fender well a bit. Either that or flip the shackles??

but for the front i have no clue on how to lower a torsion bar set up. any suggestions?

For the rear you could install a small lowering block, but I wouldn't get too crazy and I don't even know if there is enough room to do a shackle flip on these cars. That would put you way low.

The front is easy. Get a 3/4" socket with a long ratchet. Look under the inboard side of your lower control arm and you will see a bolt head. Turn each side counter clockwise the same amount of turns until you get how low you want to go. Just look and see how much travel you have on your lower control arm before it hits the bump stop. If you drive it and are bottoming out on the bump stop then you may want to go to a stiffer torsion bar.

-
Back