cheap way to ship bucket seats

-

demon428

Reaction score
Has anyone ever ship bucket seats and if so what is the best and cheapest way
Thanks

I have found Fed-Ex the cheapest around for shipping. Weigh it up and give'em an address, it's off and running.

Getting a box for it is another story. On my own parts, though never a seat, I have use multi box's opened up and wraped around an item. I have also gotten K-frames through DSL with nothing more than a plastic wrap around it.

If you have a Greyhound bus terminal near you, you might try Greyhound Package Express.

When shipping bucket seats, oftentimes it's easier to take the hinge bolts out and ship the top and bottom apart, but in the same box. Makes for an easier time getting them boxed up and the box won't be quite so big. Also, if there's seat tracks involved, detach them from the bottom of the seat and package them seperately to prevent damage to the tracks.

I had a set shipped, need to check what the boxes are but they were shipped Fed Ex. I just shipped 30 pounds from Spokane to Phoenix, was $43.00 with a declared value of $400....the labels on the boxes are up against the wall onthe top shelf. I think they were wardrobe boxes rom Home Depot....

Shipped them using greyhound bus lines took about a week to go from SoCal to Arkansas
Right at $100.00
80 pounds

-
Back