Check engine light

-

71dartswinger

Reaction score
Wife has a 2013 Chrysler T&C ck eng light has came on 3 times in the last 6 weeks dealer has replaced one part twice and last time the fuel tank light came on wensday and wife took by dealership yesterday service mgr checked it and said that the radio caused the check engine light. I cannot believe this or find a code for radio. Any one have any idea what the code is for radio. If there is one?????? Car runs perfect and all radio functions were working perfect

First I would suggest a code reader and once you get the code I would tell you what the problem is and what needs to be done,mrmopartech
PM me for futher info,MMT

And most code readers don't access the body control module info.

And most code readers don't access the body control module info.
^^^
yep!!! or, C & U codes

P= powertrain
B= body
C= chassis
U= undefined, (a place Mfrg's put all the other non-covered P,B,C, codes)

As most (rule of thumb) accessories --- sound system, climate control,heated seats,dvd players, automatic dimming headlamps,rain sensitive wipers, memory seats,memory steering column...etc,etc,etc, are incorporated into the BCM (body control module(s)),

71dartswinger, would help if You could post the 'B' code :D
Bright note here, --- Lamp on --- usually = hard fail, read not intermittent.

Of course this is web diag, so I must add the obligatory >IMHO<.

But you can go to any Discount auto store and they will loan you a reader for free.

They don't have a scan tool that reads manufacturer specific codes. Generic obd2 only.

We have the best Bosch scan tool that we sell at work and it does not pick up on everything.

It might do abs/airbag and antilock. It is a middle of the road scan tool. I'll bet it doesn't read manufacturer specific codes. I would be surprised if you could get a data stream , the next step in diagnosis. Antilock is a simple system and that software is cheap to design. That system hasn't change much since it began.

True, but it is free and a good place to start.

and as far as the check engine light, a loose gas cap could set it off.

Talked with my wife and he had a I pad and did not plug anything into the van he put some numbers in and then said here see its the radio.then took van around to the side and came out and plugged a different tool in wife did not see what he did.talked to my mechanic who is a mopar mechanic of 30+ years he said to bring to him to check first. I have the 100,000 mile bumper to bumper extended 100.00 deductibles warranty. So far only paid once I refused to pay last two times. Bill was 300.00 first two times and 1,200 last time. Some valve first two and fuel tank last time.

Well check engine light came back on again so to my mopar buddy mechanic of 32 years before taking back to dealership I will know what the code is when I go

As we figured small emmisons leak again . I will be calling the dealership owner about the service manager lying to my wife last week .maybe the fourth repair will find the leak. All day with smoke in system still has emmisons code has been escalated to Chrysler

-
Back