Check out my Barn find Mopar!!

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Ok, maybe not a true barn find but it was in a shed for the last 5+ years and it is mine and still looks barn fresh :happy7:

This is my 1977 Fury 440 State Trooper car, this beast is fun but with no time for it, it has been parked sine 2004. It has been super hot and humid here, I keep the car in a friends shed and all the cars inside got wet from the wet air, mold also started growing on the interiors so I had to get mine out and clean her up.

Attachments

• Picture 4230.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 723
  • Picture 4235.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 718
  • Picture 4244.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 721
  • Picture 4245.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 751
  • Picture 4246.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 722
  • Picture 4247.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 714
That's a super cool car...I think those are one of the best looking of the seventies Mopars and with a 440 as well...sweet...

Here are some pics after I cleaned it up and swapped the wheels and tires for a different set. The set that were on it had new tires on them, didn't want them to go bad so I am gonna run them on my 73 Plymouth Suburban.

The Fury squad came from ND and was used as a state trooper car there so there is only has minor rust in the rear quarters, everything else solid. The previous owner chucked the factory front seat for a lame (but comfy!) power seat from a 5th ave car, color doesn't match, other than this, it is complete.

Attachments

• Picture 4273.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 693
  • Picture 4288.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 691
  • Picture 4287.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 677
  • Picture 4276.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 701
looking good with the cop wheels...that's odd that it came in that gold color,did they order it that way to not look like a police car?

Up here they order some cop cars in regular colors here for highway patrol and they're known as ghost cars.

It was a special order car, it has a tag next to the fender tag, the other tag says "Special Handling" It is wearing most of its original paint, only the driver fender and lower quarters have been repainted. Has lots of switches on the dash, holes in the trunk lid frame for a gun rack, CB antenna, had a single "cherry" or "gumball" light on the roof, had some kind of round shield rivited to the door. Evidence of a cage is there, has reflectors on the underside of the trunk and inside door edges so when the doors were open at night the light would hit them, also had 2 block heaters (1 each side) and a battery heater...lots of neat stuff!

Attachments

• Picture 4285.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 662
  • Picture 4286.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 665
  • Picture 4290.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 658
  • Picture 4291.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 647
  • Picture 4282.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 654
It looks really nice with the black rims and white letter tires-first pic. thats a mean four door!

my buddy scored a 70s monoco state trooper a few yrs ago about 30yrs ago we used it to go to union grove for the races we we didnt race ourselves what a blast wish we didnt get all waisted before his wedding and went out in feild by his house and trashed the car we broke it in half going into ditch no one got hurt thank god miss that car maybe some day ill own one

Dang man, another cool find!! Does this mean you are ready to sell the wagon:eek:ccasion:

I remember you scarring the K-Jeebers out of me showing the handeling capabilities on a dirt road!

I LOVE THOSE CARS!!!! i want one of those cop cars so bad. I have this vision of a lowered, hot rodded, BMW killer. 6.1 swap, modern od auto. Modernized pro-touring like interior with really nice materials. Think high end european car. Black, 17" wheels. Hotchkiss suspension! You are lucky man to have that car, take good care of it!

I had a florida highway patrol car that was identical to it....it'll bury the speedo thats for sure.....

-
Back