Check out my sweet Ebay score!! Anybody ever see these before??

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
I got these mopar small block valve covers on ebay, they are aluminum and say Pro/Stock on them. Ever see these before? Who made them or when? They may end up on my 340, they scream VINTAGE!!!!

f668_1.jpg

MikesDuster had an old single plane intake that said Pro/Stock on it too.

I've never seen them, and never heard of them before, but they sure are cool lookin!
Post a pic once they're on the car Keith!

George
andpaintyourhoodblacklikethefenders :D

When Gratiot Auto supply was still open here, they used to sell those. Along with the intake manifolds. Sorta like the cheaper, generic parts. I'd say they were being sold mid 70's to early 80's. Neat find.

I paid $75 for them, I have never seen them for a mopar small block before so I really wanted them. The Pro/Stock logo is killer looking and looks like it belongs on the race track! I think I might paint them wrinkle black and sand the raised fins and logo down to the bare aluminum. I scored some big block ones awhile back on ebay for $40 that are in nice shape, those are hanging on my garage wall for now.

28af_1.jpg

When Gratiot Auto supply was still open here, they used to sell those. Along with the intake manifolds. Sorta like the cheaper, generic parts. I'd say they were being sold mid 70's to early 80's. Neat find.

Exactly!! I had a set bought from Gratiot mounted on my 350 in my 1975 Nova SS back in 1976.

OH! And they were painted with black wrinkle with the fins and lettering polished.

Cool covers! I love vintage speed parts. They look like something Cal Custom would have made. My Demon GSs originally had C.C's on it when it was sold new. There were a couple different versions of the finned covers but those you have look just like one of them from memory. It would make sense too since I think Cal Custom was on the cheap side back then compared to M/T or Edelbrock stuff.

There is a yellow 72 Dart on ebay right now that is sporting these same valve covers in the wrinkle black.

I have a set hanging on my shop wall. Here is a pic of them when I had them on my motor but I took them off because I could not get them to stop leaking no matter what I did.

2007_0611Image0009.jpg

I paid $75 for them, I have never seen them for a mopar small block before so I really wanted them. The Pro/Stock logo is killer looking and looks like it belongs on the race track! I think I might paint them wrinkle black and sand the raised fins and logo down to the bare aluminum. I scored some big block ones awhile back on ebay for $40 that are in nice shape, those are hanging on my garage wall for now.

View attachment 49853
I found a set of these at a local swap meet today and I know the guy he's lives close by. He wants $250 for them though. They're painted nice and all that but I haven't seen them even by today's standards go for more than $125.... He also has the pro stock intake for $250 but I'm not really into an open plane... I guess we'll see how bad I want them...

Oh I fell in love with them the minute I seen them but I don't know if I'm $250 in love lol.. he said for a friend $225 LOL...
Wow, they went up. They sold for $49.95 back in the day.

The Pro Stock brand was Performance Automotive Warehouse (PAW) only brand at first. They sold dress up, engine parts like camshafts and such......just all kinda stuff. I have an OLD PAW catalog around here somewhere. They actually had some pretty good camshaft grinds.

Last edited:
-
Back