Check out my video!!

-
I'm touched some of you feel so deeply about my comments. Like 66340Sedan said, I've had my greasy little fingers in every part of that there "funny little car".

Its a bad *** machine that we spent alot of time on, so I'm just expressing an emotion known to some as "humor".

No offence, I'll intro when I feel the need to enrich my sub par virtual group of friends.

later

Moparlee, my combo: 1966 Plymouth Valiant

Engine, 1972 340, steel 70 340 crank, Speed Pro .30 forged pistons. 340 heads, 2.02/1.60 small stem Milodon valves, aluminum roller rockers. Isky 505 lift cam, Rhoads lifters, M-1 Mopar single plane intake, 650 holley double pumper, Mopar electronic ignition (soon MSD 6-al w/rev limiter). The engine was also balanced. Moroso deep pan, Hooker super comp fenderwall headers with 2 1/2 pipes and flowmasters.

Drivetrain, A833 stock 4-speed, Hurst shifter, 10.5 Centerforce 2 clutch disc and pressure plate. Rear is an A-body 8 3/4, 4.10 with a sure grip, Yukon large bolt pattern axles and 11" cop car brakes. Also have Mopar super stock springs and drag shocks on all 4 corners. Front suspension is Large bolt pattern discs from a 73 duster.

Wheels are stock steel 15x6 rear with 255/60 15 rubber, fronts are 15x4 American Racing Tourq Thrust's with 5.60 rubber, I like the vintage look!!

Thanks for all the great comments guys!! :toothy10:

Just curious do you have a line lock to keep the car from moving? I have a 4-speed and was wondering. I have drum brakes right now and I if go through the trouble of installing a line lock I wonder if it would hold the car?

Holy, you just scared off all the good deer huntin for a mile Batman, that was sweet!

Just don't do it during hunting season, well actually it may help in some cases so, continue on, nevermind.

Just curious do you have a line lock to keep the car from moving? I have a 4-speed and was wondering. I have drum brakes right now and I if go through the trouble of installing a line lock I wonder if it would hold the car?

No line lock, just an old Direct Connection brake proportioning valve. I just learned how to power brake a "stick car", now that I know how it is pretty easy. I just dump the clutch, then stab the brake with my left foot. The car jumps ahead a little but it should be ok, plenty of room in the burn box at the drag strip. I have heard of other ways of doing this, I found this to work the best for me, Keith.

No line lock, just an old Direct Connection brake proportioning valve. I just learned how to power brake a "stick car", now that I know how it is pretty easy. I just dump the clutch, then stab the brake with my left foot. The car jumps ahead a little but it should be ok, plenty of room in the burn box at the drag strip. I have heard of other ways of doing this, I found this to work the best for me, Keith.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to give it a try sometime. I've got the power to spin the tires but my car wants to jump and go (which is acutally a good thing when racing) but I would like to a burnout everyonce in a while.

Great video, that road has to pretty rough on the tires.

Bob

PS: Love the "shaker" hood !!!

I work at a tire place so tires are not a big concern! Thanks for the comment on the "shaker" hood, I have a 68 Barracuda S/S scoop but not sure if I like how it looks. For now, I will leave it like this. One cool thing is the air cleaner shakes with the engine so it gets a lot of looks at the stop lights!! Plus it has the vintage look I like!

That thing is a bad ***. I've got the 5" Hemi Dart Scoop in the garage for my spare hood but I really like what you've done with yours. Rock on man.

no problem fitting those tires under there?
Nice ride by the way!

Thanks! The 255/60 15's fit pretty nice on a 15x6 stock mopar rim. I would need a different offset if I wanted to go to a wider rim wider like a 6.5 or 7.0. I would like to get a pair of 15x7 Torq Thrust rims for the rear but these look good for now!

-
Back