Check out this Barn Find

-
It is a great find. That said, people who own things like this and let them sit and rot refusing to sell are doing more harm to the hobby than things like Barrett Jackson auctions. At least with the BJ auctions the vehicles are STILL HERE. People who own collections doing nothing with them and refusing to sell are the reason these cars are coming closer to extinction. Factor in all of the Mopar and non Mopar vehicles you know are sittin out there somewhere in this same condition and it's easy to see how they are disappearing. I would think people with half a brain would realize it would be better to save these cars, even if it means selling to someone else who will do something with them, rather than rot away. To me, this is the biggest shame in the hobby. Cool find, but sad as all hell.

It is a great find. That said, people who own things like this and let them sit and rot refusing to sell are doing more harm to the hobby than things like Barrett Jackson auctions. At least with the BJ auctions the vehicles are STILL HERE. People who own collections doing nothing with them and refusing to sell are the reason these cars are coming closer to extinction. Factor in all of the Mopar and non Mopar vehicles you know are sittin out there somewhere in this same condition and it's easy to see how they are disappearing. I would think people with half a brain would realize it would be better to save these cars, even if it means selling to someone else who will do something with them, rather than rot away. To me, this is the biggest shame in the hobby. Cool find, but sad as all hell.

I completely agree, Well said. I also wonder how does the current owner possibly enjoy these cars? It would be different if they were al least driven from time to time, but they just sit. It's kind of the twisted thought process of knowing you have something and someone else doesn't.

Yup, that's why I do what I do. To show that not everything has been found. That there are still cool cars out there to be found. While they might not be for sale right now, they do exist and will eventually hit the market.

These cars in particular are in really nice shape. Even with the condition of the barn, the cars are dry and protected. Most of them were driven into their current locations. I do not doubt that the Superbird or Charger 500 could be made running and driving within a day.

Too bad they are just sitting rotting away... Nice group of cars there!!!

Not real sure about "rotting" away they are inside protected from the elements and some on blocks but if the barn is old like most I would be concerned about it falling down

roadrunnerh you going to carlisle? we will be in abody modified on site 118. stop by and say hello

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 93
Yup, that's why I do what I do. To show that not everything has been found. That there are still cool cars out there to be found. While they might not be for sale right now, they do exist and will eventually hit the market.

These cars in particular are in really nice shape. Even with the condition of the barn, the cars are dry and protected. Most of them were driven into their current locations. I do not doubt that the Superbird or Charger 500 could be made running and driving within a day.

Must be a cool job to have.:cheers::cheers:

I keep looking to find something cool in a barn but so far what I have found sticks to my boots and stinks! Ha ha

-
Back