Check out this killer small block challenger.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
1-3.jpg

2-2.jpg

4-4.jpg

3-6.jpg

Apparently this thing was built by Ernie Elliot Inc.
I did not get a chance to talk to the owner but I talked to a guy who seemed to know the owner well and knew alot about the car.
He said it is pushing 750+ horsepower naturally aspirated.

I believe it too because I heard and saw it roll in and the car is pretty impressive, and loud.

Makes my small block seem like a /6. LOL.

Great lookin car, but it needs more tire profile.

Yeah, I know.

I'd much rather see that motor in an A body.

My buddy told me they are building a run of those motors for $15-k a pop.

5K worth of that is heads. what are those, anyway? W9s?

sorry, Id rather build my 318/340/360 to the hilt and back then pay 15k and Im sure I could build a better motor for that price and perhaps, itd be in a car for 15k too?! lol. JK. That is pretty neat though, agreed on the tire profile and on A vs E. Bigger rims. a butt stripe. And a snazzy interior with a pistol grip and itd be a show stopper.

sorry, Id rather build my 318/340/360 to the hilt and back then pay 15k and Im sure I could build a better motor for that price and perhaps, itd be in a car for 15k too?! lol. JK. That is pretty neat though, agreed on the tire profile and on A vs E. Bigger rims. a butt stripe. And a snazzy interior with a pistol grip and itd be a show stopper.

yeah, the interior is clean but pretty subtle, and has a four speed, maybe 5 speed with a hurst type shifter.

5K worth of that is heads. what are those, anyway? W9s?

That is an R5/P7 Nascar Engine..Yes it is a small block but it is not based on the LA or MAGNUM ENGINE. It sounds like a truck series engine, they make about 750 HP and you can rev them to around 8500 easily, power comes on at around 4000-4500 RPM. You will need to change your K MEMBER to fit it in there along with those headers! You can find them rebuilt for around 6k.

That is an R5/P7 Nascar Engine..Yes it is a small block but it is not based on the LA or MAGNUM ENGINE. It sounds like a truck series engine, they make about 750 HP and you can rev them to around 8500 easily, power comes on at around 4000-4500 RPM. You will need to change your K MEMBER to fit it in there along with those headers! You can find them rebuilt for around 6k.

I can buy a nearly new one for $11k less carb and c/w Jericho tranny I believe ($35k new I'm told) It really doesn't make any sense by the time you adapt it for the street. Looks pretty cool though.

I thought it looked like a nascar set up and would make sense with the markings on the v/covers and that intake.
The guy I talked to said the motor don't do much under 4000 RPM but anything after that ,look for cops and make sure everyone gets the hell out of the way ha, ha.
The heads say "Mopar" embossed into the casting.

I can buy a nearly new one for $11k less carb and c/w Jericho tranny I believe ($35k new I'm told) It really doesn't make any sense by the time you adapt it for the street. Looks pretty cool though.

I just misssed one a few months ago for $6500.00 minus carb and distributor. I was going to put it in my 67 Dart. You can find them on Ebay every once in a while for this price.

UMMM am I missing something here???? Nice big rad, but last time I checked you still need a fan, either viscous or electric...where is it?????
AL

UMMM am I missing something here???? Nice big rad, but last time I checked you still need a fan, either viscous or electric...where is it?????
AL

You don't need no dumb fan if you never go slow or stop :-D

Looks like a cool ride, I take it as is, lol. And here I though 7,000 rpm was pushing it, ha ha. I might put in a 3 speed auto tran and a 9 inch converter.

pretty neat...A body's are better...The E bodies no longer blow my skirt up anymore. too much hype...

-
Back